Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Israel to drop the nukes on Iran

Bow Tie Omega
    Not only can you geniuses NOT be my latex salesmen, I can no longer let you near my nuclear arsenal. A nuclear weapon going off in your back yard will still kill the shrubery in your front yard. Now say that ten times and go read some Dilbert.
    Really Baghead? Boy, you sure showed us up.....what a dumbass. Yeah, Japan is completely useless and so is Russia. They are both compeltely barren, like the moon. No plant life anywhere, babies are born with 4 heads and the cows are born with 43 brains. Do you think you come off as more intelligent then anyone here? In all reality, you come off thinking you know more then you actually do. Hit the books Baghead and get your facts straight. Going nuclear is a big move and would be catastrophic on some level, in Iran........it is supposed to be. Unfortunately, the cold hard facts are...
    1. The Japanese were much like our Islamic Extremists, thinking that their way was the right way and that they would never give up, even willing to kill themselves purposely to get at the enemy.
    2. The dropping of the two atomic bombs in Japan ended WW2, it would not have ended otherwise, not for a long time anyways, with millions more dying in the process.
    3. Japan is not only habitable, but flourishing today.
    4. Our enemies know we will not use nuclear weapons, therefore they are not a deterrent. In my opinion, war is exactly that, war. It is the last option, once diplomacy fails. War should be about the toughest guy in the room wins. If we have a weapon that will do the job,we should use it. Do you think that Iran will hesitate using it on Israel or us if they had the opportunity or means?
    5. If we use it, it becomes a deterrent again. Enemies will think twice before attacking the US or Israel for that matter, meaning diplomacy will become a more viable tool in the future with potential enemies.
    Do some homework Baghead, instead of pretending to be intelligent, try to actually learn something and become intelligent. Why do I even waste my time answering you....Ignorant people irritate the hell out of me.

Bow Tie Omega
    Granted,this article is about Israel and not the US, Israel and the US are one in the same as far as this issue IMO.

Poster X
    Nagasaki and Hiroshima took atomic weapons about 1/5 as powerful as the average nuclear weapon. They also didn't have the same radiation afterlife levels of modern nuclear weapons. Then there's the geographic ramifications. The nuclear radiation would flow the valleys within the mountain ranges that most middle eastern countries all share. Good try but you're still fired from my nuclear weapons program. We might be hiring in our Carnie division? I'll put in a good word for you. You any good at guessing weight?

eliminatedsprinter
    I'm not sure I buy this report.
    If it were a real plan, I think it would, most likely, be a better kept secret. But quite honestly, I have know idea if it's real or not. Therefore I'm not going to assume it is.

QuickJet
    Nagasaki and Hiroshima took atomic weapons about 1/5 as powerful as the average nuclear weapon. They also didn't have the same radiation afterlife levels of modern nuclear weapons. Then there's the geographic ramifications. The nuclear radiation would flow the valleys within the mountain ranges that most middle eastern countries all share. Good try but you're still fired from my nuclear weapons program. We might be hiring in our Carnie division? I'll put in a good word for you. You any good at guessing weight?
    That being said, you might understand the importance Israel holds in a preemptive strike. I sure do.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Since you ar ethe resident smart guy who keeps getting his ass handed to him, a few questions for oyu to skip over (as usual).
    What is the comparison form a Nagasaki/Hiroshima weapon and the "average" Israeli weapon?
    What is the comparison between an AIRBURST Nagasaki/Hiroshima weapon and the "average" SUBTERANEAN Israeli weapon detonation? You ignored a very major point in the article here, must have been troublesome to your diatribe.
    No, the radiation afterlife of a current nuke is actually LESS than a 1st gen one. Much more efficient use of material, requires much LESS material, far less waste, expecially compared to the uranium bomb. I realize you don't understand the difference in HOW little-boy functioned compared to fat man, or a modern nuke with the advances in explosives.
    What is the radiation spread comparison of a low-altitude airburst nuke against a SUBTERANEAN one like the story threatens?

spectratoad
    I think the US should contract our wars out to Isreal. They just get down to business and don't get too caught up in the PC crap.

Poster X
    Since you ar ethe resident smart guy who keeps getting his ass handed to him, a few questions for oyu to skip over (as usual).
    What is the comparison form a Nagasaki/Hiroshima weapon and the "average" Israeli weapon?
    What is the comparison between an AIRBURST Nagasaki/Hiroshima weapon and the "average" SUBTERANEAN Israeli weapon detonation? You ignored a very major point in the article here, must have been troublesome to your diatribe.
    No, the radiation afterlife of a current nuke is actually LESS than a 1st gen one. Much more efficient use of material, requires much LESS material, far less waste, expecially compared to the uranium bomb. I realize you don't understand the difference in HOW little-boy functioned compared to fat man, or a modern nuke with the advances in explosives.
    What is the radiation spread comparison of a low-altitude airburst nuke against a SUBTERANEAN one like the story threatens?
    Well, I took a shot. I figured logic would prevail? (That and I'm a lazy Democrat, remember?) So, I didn't read the article and I don't know jack shit about atomic bombs, nuclear bombs, ballistic missiles, darts nor curling. Well, I know a little about curling. Seems the broom guy has the desired position on the team? You however are an expert on everything it seems? Or do you let Mr google do your talking? C'mon. Fess up. Without your exhausting cut and pastes and endless references that are obviously penned by someone else, you couldn't discuss donut dunking on your own. But for the sake of argument (and the fact you'll lie to your grave) I'll assume your an expert on nuclear weapons also. With that out of the way I'll tell what I do know something about. I know something about winds and patterns. I know that you nor Israel can guarantee with enough accuracy what the winds will do to risk a thermo nuclear detonantion so close withing the region. I know something about paranoia, and if Israel were to use nukes (or a nuke) it would create a frenzied war in the middle East like mankind has never seen. This war would take place in Israel (I doubt they'd set off a bomb there) and Arabs would flow across it borders like locusts with only one goal and that would be to leave no living man, woman or child in Israel and then they would turn their hatred on the great white Satan and the only way we could defend it would be to wipe out the entire middle east which would be enough nuclear winter to devastate the world and maybe incite nuclear retaliation from China, parts of Europe and the Soviets. I also know, any guy that is willing to get on the internet (such as yourself) and brag and defend the use of nuclear weapons in such an already volatile and shaky world is a complete idiot and has just showed everyone that fact.

QuickJet
    Well, I took a shot. I figured logic would prevail? (That and I'm a lazy Democrat, remember?) So, I didn't read the article and I don't know jack shit about atomic bombs, nuclear bombs, ballistic missiles, darts nor curling. Well, I know a little about curling. Seems the broom guy has the desired position on the team? You however are an expert on everything it seems? Or do you let Mr google do your talking? C'mon. Fess up. Without your exhausting cut and pastes and endless references that are obviously penned by someone else, you couldn't discuss donut dunking on your own. But for the sake of argument (and the fact you'll lie to your grave) I'll assume your an expert on nuclear weapons also. With that out of the way I'll tell what I do know something about. I know something about winds and patterns. I know that you nor Israel can guarantee with enough accuracy what the winds will do to risk a thermo nuclear detonantion so close withing the region. I know something about paranoia, and if Israel were to use nukes (or a nuke) it would create a frenzied war in the middle East like mankind has never seen. This war would take place in Israel (I doubt they'd set off a bomb there) and Arabs would flow across it borders like locusts with only one goal and that would be to leave no living man, woman or child in Israel and then they would turn their hatred on the great white Satan and the only way we could defend it would be to wipe out the entire middle east which would be enough nuclear winter to devastate the world and maybe incite nuclear retaliation from China, parts of Europe and the Soviets. I also know, any guy that is willing to get on the internet (such as yourself) and brag and defend the use of nuclear weapons in such an already volatile and shaky world is a complete idiot and has just showed everyone that fact.
    Well when you put it that way...........

Ok serious question here PX.
    And I'm not in favor of "anyone" using nukes. Nor am I a fan of copy and paste to make my points.
    Israel being a landlocked country, in terms of not bordering Iran, in fact a couple countries and probably a thousand miles in between them, being threatened by Iran with reference to wiping them off the face of the earth.
    Next... Iran reportedly making nukes (true or false, we don't know). These nukes (if they exist) in the hands of a madman who has made clear the threat above. Iran known to have missiles capable of delivery of such nukes should they get them made.
    Israel... not able to defend itself by conventional means against this very possible nuclear threat to it's existence since it's nowhere close to Iran and not sizeable enough to overpower Iran anyway with conventional air and ground forces. Israel has nukes, small tactical ones and large ones too likely. They likely possess the same nuke technology or close that the U.S. possesses. Good or bad that's reality.
    As the leader of Israel, assuming diplomacy with Iran wasn't possible, which early indications would indicate, what would you do to protect your country from possible annihilation by Iran?
    Would you sit and wait and hope Iran doesn't have or get nukes and just hope the missiles don't come?
    Would you sit and wait doing the above and hoping the U.S. would step in and protect you if push came to shove with Iran?
    Would you use bunker buster tactical nukes you possess pre-emtively and take out Iran's nuke making facilities?
    Or do you have other options that would insure your survival as a country?
    Not asking for opinion on nukes, but just what you would do if you were the leader of Israel in this position with Iran.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast