Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Israel to drop the nukes on Iran

Poster X
    Well, If I were the leader of Israel I'd be doing some backward governing. They have indeed created an Island in the midst of the Middle-East and have done nothing but further alienate their bordered countries since 1958 (there or about). Iran is legit in worrying about Israels strength and wilingness to use it. Common sense dictates any leader would take steps to counter-act that type of threat. That hardly makes him a madman. The point everyone wants to ignore is WHY the Middle East is in such turmoil this time. Sure there's the age old argument "they've fought for ages." The same can be said of us and almost any country or ethnicity. All the current problems stem from the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Now it has spread into a gigantic noise and everyone has forgotten where it started. As leader of Israel I would make good the original treaty of the six-day war as it was written. That (in of itself) would end decades of hostilities and distrust. That being done.. I'd take baby steps in securing relationships with the other countries within the current Middle East. I'd do this with trade agreements and hopefully (one day) full blown partnerships in outsourcing minerals and other exports to the national market. I would legislate backward. Or (in more germain terms), I'd spend my time undoing mistakes, rather than defending them, ignoring them, or adding to the noise myself. As gigantic as we've made this, it still comes down to the Gaza Strip. I would let them know through my actions (not my words) that we were a sovereign nation and not an arm of the USA planted amidst their center.
    I'd also learn Yiddish.

centerhill condor
    I'm learning farsi myself...nuclear war in the mid east is ungood for everybody. Modern nuclear weapons can be "detuned" from about 300 ktn down to about 1/2 ktn. For comparison Hiroshima 10-15 ktn depending on the source of data. All a matter of how well you master the technology..if you have the time and the inclination to fight a "limited" nuclear exchange. Otherwise, bigger bombs make bigger body counts.
    Who's gonna run the oil well for the next 10,000 years? answer: skynet.

Iran is legit in worrying about Israels strength and wilingness to use it. Common sense dictates any leader would take steps to counter-act that type of threat. That hardly makes him a madman.
    Thanks for your response.
    I have not studied the history of this region to argue against or agree with your response with regards to Israels historic behavior towards it's neighbors or the Gaza strip issue. I am smart enough to not speak on or take postions on subjects I'm not familiar enough with.
    But...
    I don't really understand how Iran sees Israel as a threat to it not being a close neighbor and to my knowledge Israel has made no overtures as to aggression towards Iran by using nukes or other force.
    Conversely the leader of Iran (according to the news anyway) has stated he intends to wipe Israel off the map (paraphrasing) and is reportedly making nukes (true or false we don't know). Not sure what qualifies as being a madman. Perhaps just a very unpredictable sworn enemy would be better terminology.
    I certainly hope that the leaders of these countries come to some kind of agreement before nukes start flying around. As always the populace is the big loser of any war and so many wars started aren't necessary but just the reaction of a few hard heads butting heads rather than working towards a little comprimise or just agreeing to live and let live. Historically sad and historically true.

Poster X
    To understand Irans view of Israel just remember the Shah and what we put them through with him. Then look at our heavy handed support of Israel in the UN and you get a pretty good picture of how they see Israel. To them (I know people here don't give a rats ass what the world thinks) Israel is the 51st State and one in the same as The US. People want to forget the sins of the Shah and our malicious support. His crimes easily surpassed Husseins. Stack that with Israels contempt at the UN sanctions against them (supported by the US) and their nuclear arsenal, and the leader of Iran has a pretty good argument for counter nuclear strategy.

Blown 472
    Thanks for your response.
    I have not studied the history of this region to argue against or agree with your response with regards to Israels historic behavior towards it's neighbors or the Gaza strip issue. I am smart enough to not speak on or take postions on subjects I'm not familiar enough with.
    But...
    I don't really understand how Iran sees Israel as a threat to it not being a close neighbor and to my knowledge Israel has made no overtures as to aggression towards Iran by using nukes or other force.
    Conversely the leader of Iran (according to the news anyway) has stated he intends to wipe Israel off the map (paraphrasing) and is reportedly making nukes (true or false we don't know). Not sure what qualifies as being a madman. Perhaps just a very unpredictable sworn enemy would be better terminology.
    I certainly hope that the leaders of these countries come to some kind of agreement before nukes start flying around. As always the populace is the big loser of any war and so many wars started aren't necessary but just the reaction of a few hard heads butting heads rather than working towards a little comprimise or just agreeing to live and let live. Historically sad and historically true.
    You can research the golan heights and the sheba farms to get an idea of israeli aggresion, and I believe he was taken out of context, he said that but also said the zionist controlled state needs to be removed.

bigq
    Well, If I were the leader of Israel I'd be doing some backward governing. They have indeed created an Island in the midst of the Middle-East and have done nothing but further alienate their bordered countries since 1958 (there or about). Iran is legit in worrying about Israels strength and wilingness to use it. Common sense dictates any leader would take steps to counter-act that type of threat. That hardly makes him a madman. The point everyone wants to ignore is WHY the Middle East is in such turmoil this time. Sure there's the age old argument "they've fought for ages." The same can be said of us and almost any country or ethnicity. All the current problems stem from the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Now it has spread into a gigantic noise and everyone has forgotten where it started. As leader of Israel I would make good the original treaty of the six-day war as it was written. That (in of itself) would end decades of hostilities and distrust. That being done.. I'd take baby steps in securing relationships with the other countries within the current Middle East. I'd do this with trade agreements and hopefully (one day) full blown partnerships in outsourcing minerals and other exports to the national market. I would legislate backward. Or (in more germain terms), I'd spend my time undoing mistakes, rather than defending them, ignoring them, or adding to the noise myself. As gigantic as we've made this, it still comes down to the Gaza Strip. I would let them know through my actions (not my words) that we were a sovereign nation and not an arm of the USA planted amidst their center.
    I'd also learn Yiddish.
    The problem I see with this plan is that most, I don't believe all, the leaders of the other countries not only want to destroy Israel, but need the hatred to stay in power. It seems if Israel could start winning over some of the populus of the other countries and in turn force out the dictators, kings or whatever the hierarchy is it could be turned around. The problem israel hads i believe is when they give a little it is seen as a sign of weakness. i think this is the plan that good ol GW had in mind before it went to do-do in Iraq. Seems like a good plan ,but hard to execute because of the social structure in the middle east.
    As far as dropping some nukes I think the plan was to use a conventional missile first to drive into the reactor bunkers and guide a nuke to the underground. I know more about my nose hair though then nukes except that they get really hot.

Blown 472
    The problem I see with this plan is that most, I don't believe all, the leaders of the other countries not only want to destroy Israel, but need the hatred to stay in power. It seems if Israel could start winning over some of the populus of the other countries and in turn force out the dictators, kings or whatever the hierarchy is it could be turned around. The problem israel hads i believe is when they give a little it is seen as a sign of weakness. i think this is the plan that good ol GW had in mind before it went to do-do in Iraq. Seems like a good plan ,but hard to execute because of the social structure in the middle east.
    As far as dropping some nukes I think the plan was to use a conventional missile first to drive into the reactor bunkers and guide a nuke to the underground. I know more about my nose hair though then nukes except that they get really hot.
    Or they could stop killing inocent women and children, that might help, stop stealing natural resources for themselves from other peoples land, stop stealing land, oh the list goes on and on and on.

bigq
    Or they could stop killing inocent women and children, that might help, stop stealing natural resources for themselves from other peoples land, stop stealing land, oh the list goes on and on and on.
    Yea lets rehash that. I am no expert, but from what I have read most of the land has come about from attacks on them. Even when they do give back a little the bombs keep flying over the wall..nice. About as bogus as that quote in your signature.

Blown 472
    Yea lets rehash that. I am no expert, but from what I have read most of the land has come about from attacks on them. Even when they do give back a little the bombs keep flying over the wall..nice. About as bogus as that quote in your signature.
    And so are these, you should really pull your head out.:devil:
    http://www.marchforjustice.com/5.19.02.talkpeace.php

Poster X
    You might be right but your point is hypothetical. Peaceful integration of Israeli/Arab relations is a myth. I think they should at least try it once? Then if it doesn't work, by all means...bombs away. Integrity is an option that should be tried prior to thermo nuclear war. Dont'cha think?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast