Thread: tunnel

RCM
    I`m looking for a 21 -22ft. older tunnel hull that is restorable that I`m going to set it up with a v drive. If it has been a jet I can fill the holes and throw the damn pump in a hollow.RCM

Blown 472
    Hollow what?

Infomaniac
    Better raise the center sponson if you want it to handle properly.

RCM
    Blown 427, a hollow is a deep ravine between two hills, here in Tenn. some people pronounce it as a holler. I think you get the picture . RCM

RCM
    Info, I`m not sure how much to raise the center sponson, should it be about an inch or so
    I`ll probably tool up and build a one time disposable mold as I have done before. I `ve built two boats this way and they both were 16 degree v bottom 21 ft. and they performed well. I f anyone has any good ideas on this please let me know. RCM

RCM
    Info, I`m not sure how much to raise the center sponson, should it be about an inch or so
    I`ll probably tool up and build a one time disposable mold as I have done before. I `ve built two boats this way and they both were 16 degree v bottom 21 ft. and they performed well. I f anyone has any good ideas on this please let me know. RCM

Infomaniac
    When you find one and get ready to do it. I will crawl around under mine and measure it for you.

DogHouse
    I had an 86 21' Ron Jones tunnel for a while that had no center pod and was setup with an outdrive. Probably would have worked well with a v-drive because the prop would have good clean water to bite well out of the hole, and then would come to the surface at speed. Was a cool boat but not built very well (Freelander Boats in FL), needed better stringers to keep the floor from flexing.