Thread: $$$$$$$$$$$$Machine Shops!!$$$$$$$$$$$

Havasu Carrera
    Orange county CA or Havasu.
    Best machine shop??
    I need a SBC block Bored, Honed,Align bored,and decked. How much will I expect to pay at each shop and how long will it take to complete? Its been about 5 years since I have done any cool motor work. OH! Who's the head guy and how much? I was thinking of having Bob McCray do the heads.
    The heads are Casting # 3998993 any comments on them?

YeLLowBoaT
    Last year I paid 850 to have mine magged and hot tanked + every thing you said. They sonic checked if for free...Still trying to figure out how they forgot to add that to the bill...

Havasu Carrera
    Last year I paid 850 to have mine magged and hot tanked + every thing you said. They sonic checked if for free...Still trying to figure out how they forgot to add that to the bill...
    Who did it? How long did it take? What did they do to the heads? Just freshen? or did they do any porting? Thanks allot.

YeLLowBoaT
    They did not touch the heads, just the block. it was done here in Sac by Rex Hutchingson racing engines( My grand father has know rex for 50+ years. A big part of the reason why I choose them... that and they were the only one that was even willing to get out the books and try to id my motor...)
    It was about a week 10 days.
    I just posted that as info as a "ball park"

Paul Pfaff in HB for machine work. Mcray or Juan at Flow Tech. for the head work.
    Good Luck.

Havasu Carrera
    Looks like the same ol thing as back when a few years ago. Thanks!!
    Will do. Now I gotta find that block I was supposed to pick up!! Who was the guy selling the two bolt?? His shop is in Mission Viejo and was a donation to Tom Papp's Family??

Nucking futs
    That would be Busby.

New Login
    Geoff Hart Performance Marine
    928-680-6505
    He is in Havasu, does a ton of work for Pro Marine in Havasu There # is 928-505-3966.

STV_Keith
    We have some kinda, uh, special stuff, so finding a good machinist was hard. The only guy that could do our stuff was Roddy at RK Machine in Ventura (not sure if that's OC or not).
    RK Machine
    2686 Johnson Dr Unit D
    Ventura, CA 93003
    805-644-9888
    He was also the guy behind that twin turbo'd TAH drag boat a few years ago.