Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help!! Runner Bottom Plate Set-up?

BGMAN203
    Fiat48:
    I also have a Tr1. I also set the plates following the contour of the bottom on the side plates. I set all plates 1/4" up measuring 3 ft under the boat with an accurate straight edge. That's the starting point with 3/8" up the max, depending on the rocker in the bottom. I don't like up pedals, so I remove the up pedal completely and change the springs so that they are always pulling up. When the rod is against the stop, the plates are 1/4" up. I'll post some pictures soon as I figure out how to do that. Cole Man,
    Do what Fiat said, that is what my dad told me to do with a tr1, actually its a good rule of thumb for any runnerbottom

Cole Man II
    BGMAN,
    Thanks for the advise, I am right in there. I think the problem I am fighting is not plate set up but the lack of burn on the prop.
    ColeTR-1,
    I have family in Reno & Sparks. We should hook up sometime, would love to see your TR-1. Do you make down to Camp Far West very often? If so we shoud hook up and race.
    Cole Man.

ColeTR1
    That cool there are four board members that have TR1Â’s IÂ’m live here in Parker. I will be at Red Rock all week. IÂ’m planning on going to CFW for New Years if you guys have a regatta then.
    Cole Man II are you going to be at Red Rock?

Cole Man II
    ColeTR-1,
    I think I got confused, its Fiat48 that is located in Sparks NV.
    To answer your question, no Iam not going to make the trip to Red Rock this year, but I will be at Camp Far on New Years. I hope you can make it, we always have a blast.
    Cole Man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123