Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gears and prop

hans
    Hi all, I am after some advice on selecting gears and a prop for my new ride. The hull is an Everingham 19'6 shallow V (4°) that weighs in at around 650lbs. The engine is a blown 565 (@6lbs), should make 1000-1100 hp. I will be running in a drag bracket class of 95-105 mph. I would like to have my top speed set at 105mph but get there asap wink
    Thanks
    Paul

Sangster
    Here's the place to call..Ask for Tom...
    [img]http://forums.***boat.net/banners/menkens.jpg[/img]

V-Drive Tom
    hans, Depending on what RPM you think you would like to run your engine at....
    Your prop is going to be a 2-blade..about 11 1/2x16.(If you are starting from a standing stop, then maybe a little smaller in Diameter.)
    If you can pull a 1.25 ratio at 6500rpm, then your MPH is going to be about..98-100.
    If you can pull a 1.29 ratio at 6500rpm, then your MPH will be about 102 to 105.
    Thats only the begining...You will have to work it out on the track. argue TOM..

superdave013
    Our brackets in NJBA used to be like that. It just sucked. They put you in a bracket based on MPH and then you win based on ET. Was hard to beat the jet boats back then.
    Sangster's right, Tom's a good guy to talk to about that stuff. I'm thinking a 12 - 15% gear but have no idea on the prop. 11.5 X 16 maybe??
    Anyway, we don't get to see many boats from Australia here. I'ed like to some some pics of yours when you get the chance.
    BTW, welcome to the forum.

superdave013
    Damn Tom, we were typing at the same time. I see we are a just a little off on the gear. haha
    Anyway I'm thinking these crazy Aussies are gonna wanna run in the 8,000 range and be quick. jawdrop

V-Drive Tom
    Most guys that I talk to with larger cubic inch engines, don,t want to turn them up high.
    By the way DAVE!!! Get that leftist FAG, SEAN PENN off your avatar!! The chicks with the guns are FAR better to look at. Whats going on?? TOM..

superdave013
    V-Drive Tom:
    By the way DAVE!!! Get that leftist FAG, SEAN PENN off your avatar!! The chicks with the guns are FAR better to look at. Whats going on?? TOM.. I agree with you on everything you said about Penn.
    But that's not Sean Penn in my avatar. It's Specoli brah!
    To bad one of the best characters from one of the best 80's movies had to be played by that leftist FAG! haha Kinda like how one of the best v drive boat companys name got distroyed by the new owner. What a shame.
    I've got some killer chicks with guns that will be put up in a few days.

hans
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to keep the RPMs at around 6500. Racing is from a rolling start. I sent an e-mail to Menkins a while ago, no reply
    Paul

superdave013
    hans:
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'd like to keep the RPMs at around 6500. Racing is from a rolling start. I sent an e-mail to Menkins a while ago, no reply
    Paul He replyed right here. That's V Drive Tom

hans
    Here's a couple of pics of the hull when I got her home. Still have to fit her out, name etc.

Paul
    [ September 14, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: hans ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast