Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WMA to MP3 help

Sotally Tober
    Does anyone recommend any software to do this. I finally bought an ipod and half my music is WMA's. I've got about 20 gig worth. The damn thing doesn't play them just my mp3's. The ipod software sucks. I would love something that I can set and walk away from.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Doesn't iTunes (http://www.itunes.com) do that?

Sotally Tober
    It does to an AAC file. Ive got 3500 songs to convert. It will have aproblem with a song and not finish. It resets, then I restart with it making double songs every time I restart. It's really starting to PISS ME OFF!!!!!

Sotally Tober
    Thanks Forensic. I bought something of the net. Hopefully it works. A bit leary. If it doesn't work Ill pm you. Hows Valley Center? I was born and raised in Escondido. Miss the weather.

Perfect Mixer
    I haven't had any luck with protected wma files. I don't know if there is any way of transferring them. I know you can burn them all to CD, but they loose the song tags when you import them to itunes. Just remember to set your itunes to import as MP3 files instead of AAC files. You'll end up with the exact oposite problem. I couldn't use any of the music I loaded at work because they won't let me have itunes.

HOOTER SLED-
    I thought you can do that when you rip them???

Havasu_Dreamin
    I couldn't use any of the music I loaded at work because they won't let me have itunes.
    There are other players that can be downloaded for free.

Sotally Tober
    Ive got 15 gig worth of wma's. That will take me forever to re-rip. I've tried the free ones that limit how much you can do (60% of the song). I have another 15 gig that came right into itunes that were mp3's.

Havasu_Dreamin

Buster
    Music Match (http://www.musicmatch.com/)
    Music Match will not allow you to convert them to MP3. Most WMA files are protected.
    There is a application called TuneBite that will convert any WMA to MP3. It works great. I converted about 1000 WMA songs over to my IPOD with no problem. Costs about $17 online.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast