Thread: ride plates

gots beer wages
    i have my first restoration project and it is getting striped down to bear hall to go to paint, what i was wondering is i have to big cavatation plates on the back is it worth putting a ride plate on her and will it make a difference.

Wicked Performance Boats
    I believe the cav plates help getting on a plane and low speed. The rideplate will help on mid and topend. I'd shitcan the cavplates and install a ride plate and place diverter. MHO Budlight

gots beer wages
    it has a diverter, and the cav plates came on it in 76' and if i take them off what will it do to the handling of the boat or is it good to have them both?

Wicked Performance Boats
    Does it have a diverter or a jetovator? Cav plates on a jet usually means a heavy boat and they were trying to make it perform better. It won't hurt the performance any I'd leave them then Budlight

gots beer wages
    can you tell me what the differance is cause i dont know

Wicked Performance Boats
    can you tell me what the differance is cause i dont know
    Gennerally, The jetovator Is located on the left side of the pump as you look at it from the back and don't have the up-down range of of a place diverter. A PD is controlled on the right side and is cable driven on the outside of the boat. and has a larger range of movement.

gots beer wages
    o ok i have a place diverter then, thank you i ve really have gottin a lot of good info and have met some good people on here im realy greatful. its my first boat project.

Wicked Performance Boats
    o ok i have a place diverter then, thank you i ve really have gottin a lot of good info and have met some good people on here im realy greatful. its my first boat project.
    No problem, Only stupid question is not asking. If you look up on the right side of the forum page you'll see a "search this thread." Click on it and type in a search term and it will go to related topics. Budlight

gots beer wages
    thanks