Thread: Navy to offer pilot duties to NonComs....

rrrr
    I know there are a few Navy peeps here, thought this was interesting. The Navy will offer pilot training and commissions to an initial class of 30 sailors.
    The Army has been using Pilot Warrant Officers for forty years, no doubt it works. This will give some "regular Navy" guys a chance for a cool job.....
    Aero-News Net (http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...-e1effbdc4ea6&)

Froggystyle
    I know there are a few Navy peeps here, thought this was interesting. The Navy will offer pilot training and commissions to an initial class of 30 sailors.
    The Army has been using Pilot Warrant Officers for forty years, no doubt it works. This will give some "regular Navy" guys a chance for a cool job.....
    Aero-News Net (http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?C...-e1effbdc4ea6&)
    I know a couple of folks, including one SEAL that left the Navy for the Army's Warrant helo pilot program.

Red Horse
    In the Air Force there used to be Enlisted pilots way back when, but not anymore. They do have some Navigator postions open to enlisted but that is about it. I think it makes good sense!! Way to go Navy!!

Chromegorilla
    I just seperated from the navy in October after 9 years. The job I did as a Missile Technician is done by an officer in the Air Force....