Thread: Farewell to the Tiki Bar?

www.raft-up.com
    Who doesn't have some of their best party memories at The Tiki Bar? I'm predicting $20 RumRunners are right around the corner.
    FIVE-STAR OCEANFRONT HOTEL CONDOMINIUM PLANNED FOR ISLAMORADA, FLORIDA KEYS
    Ocanos Resort & Marina to be an exotic tropical escape
    ISLAMORADA, FLORIDA KEYS (October 10, 2006) – Plans are underway to create a luxurious oceanfront hotel condominium to be known as Ocanos Resort & Marina in the vibrant Florida Keys Village of Islamorada, widely known as the “Sport Fishing Capital of the World.”
    Being developed on the site of the Holiday Isle Resort with a targeted opening of early 2008, Ocanos is destined to become the only five-star-luxury property in the Florida Keys. An oceanfront escape featuring exotic Greek Isles-inspired architecture, Ocanos will offer 151 expansive hotel condominium suites overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, a sandy beach and oceanfront infinity pool. Additional amenities include tennis, boutiques, an 11,000 square-foot spa and wellness center, indoor and outdoor dining venues, meeting facilities and a world-class marina for both deep sea and back country fishing.
    “Ocanos will be an island haven that will delight your soul and spirit,” said Adam Schlesinger of CSC Holiday Land L.P., owners of the property. “Our goal is to provide Ocanos owners and guests with the kind of vacation escape one finds only in a handful of the world’s finest properties.”
    Ocanos will be built on approximately 12 acres fronting the Atlantic Ocean at Mile Marker 84, midway between Miami and Key West. Offering sweeping views of the Atlantic, private balconies with plunge pools, the sun-splashed interiors blend generous use of stone, tile and exceptional teak cabinetry with state-of-the-art gourmet appliances. Private elevator access will be available to some of the units.
    Designed to complement the splendor of its setting, Ocanos will use natural materials in its construction, recycle water onsite for irrigation, and focus on plants indigenous to the Florida Keys in its tropical landscape design. Examples include colorful bougainvillea, pigeon plum, gumbo limbo, coconut palms and seagrape.
    Fishing aficionados and yachters will dock their boats at the full service Ocanos Marina, home port of a prestigious offshore and back country fishing fleet. Vessels of up to 100 feet in length can be accommodated. Some of the worldÂ’s most fertile fishing grounds and North AmericaÂ’s only living coral reef are less than five minutes from the Ocanos dock.
    Handling real estate marketing and sales for Ocanos is Miami Beach-based Douglas Elliman Florida, one of the countryÂ’s most experienced and successful luxury real estate brokerage firms. For Ocanos real estate information, please contact ocanos@ellimanflorida.com.
    Ocanos is a joint venture of Ceebraid Signal Corporation, a prominent developer of luxury condominiums and resort hotels on the east coast of the United States; New Valley LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Miami-based holding company Vector Group Ltd.; and Investcorp, a global investment group that oversees a U.S. portfolio valued at more than $1.5 billion.

STV_Keith
    That sucks. I remember back in the 80's (when I was in my teens) going to their bikini contests on the weekends. Ahhh, the good ole days are long gone.

www.raft-up.com
    I have better memories there over anywhere else. Who hasn't been three sheets to the wind stumbling all over the sandbar, meeting new friends, and engaging in a game of topless sandbar football?

SB
    Too bad. I haven't been there in a while.