Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jet boat in Texas

I'm looking at a jet in San Antonio, on line of course, and I was wondering if anyone that has had a boat shipped before could give me some advice on who to use, bad experiences and so on. This is a beater, but still I don't want it thrashed, or what little good parts on it, ripped off.
    Thanks

robk
    Not to change the subject, but what are the details on the jet you're looking at?
    Rob

flat broke
    Rich,
    If it costs anywhere near what it would cost to ship a car via car carrier, you might want to just drive down there and pick it up yourself. A girl I used to know had her car brought out from Virginia with a company called Dependable Auto Shippers. They're out of the Gardena area, but I don't know if a std boat trailer would fit on their rig. Sorry I don't have any other info for ya.
    Do you have any pictures of the boat in question? You've been looking at some interesting stuff, so I'm sure that if you're getting something all the way from Texas, it's probably a pretty cool piece.
    Talk to you later,
    Chris

Not to change the subject, but what are the details on the jet you're looking at?Rob
    Well, it's big, a little slow, a tad heavy, not to mention a little ugly...jeeze, I just described my old girl friend in high school.
    Flats, I haven't got it yet, nor am I 100% I will get it. It's a jet, not sure that I want another, but it's long been one of my favorites from back in the day.

flat broke
    Does it come with a fat chick on the bow? You might want to check with some of the smaller flatbed services that grab like 3-4 cars at a time. They should be able to get the trailer on their deal, and they might be cheaper.
    Good luck,
    Chris

atxwrangler
    old rigger,check out uship.com,they are like ebay of the shipping world,if someone is comming your way they will bid against others on bringing the boat to you.the site is self explanatory!

old rigger,check out uship.com,they are like ebay of the shipping world,if someone is comming your way they will bid against others on bringing the boat to you.the site is self explanatory!
    thank you.

robk
    Well, it's big, a little slow, a tad heavy, not to mention a little ugly...jeeze, I just described my old girl friend in high school.
    Flats, I haven't got it yet, nor am I 100% I will get it. It's a jet, not sure that I want another, but it's long been one of my favorites from back in the day.
    Is this the hull you've been looking for? Similar to the Tahiti I just sold, but the deck at the stern is slightly arched? I think there was a picture of one floating around here last year... Am I on the right track? If so, glad to hear you found one!

yeah Rob, that's the boat. Here's a picture of the one I'm looking for. The boat I found is very rough and it's on ebay. This morning the seller raised the minimum bid 300 bucks. I phoned him and he really didn't have an answer as to why, so he can go pound a shovel full of sand up his ass now as far as I'm concerned. That's a 500 dollar boat at best, maybe a little more, but that's not the point. I don't care if he only raised it 5 bucks. lol
    Shoot, I'm probably the only guy on the planet that likes the ugly POS anyway.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n-t/19toad.jpg
    Here's the one on ebay...love the bow light.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ahititoad2.jpg

robk
    yeah Rob, that's the boat. Here's a picture of the one I'm looking for. The boat I found is very rough and it's on ebay. This morning the seller raised the minimum bid 300 bucks. I phoned him and he really didn't have an answer as to why, so he can go pound a shovel full of sand up his ass now as far as I'm concerned. That's a 500 dollar boat at best, maybe a little more, but that's not the point. I don't care if he only raised it 5 bucks. lol
    Shoot, I'm probably the only guy on the planet that likes the ugly POS anyway.
    Here's the one on ebay...love the bow light.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ahititoad2.jpg
    That looks like some kind of cosmic ray gun, right out of the 60s.
    There's one out there somewhere, sitting in the back of somebody's lot just waiting for ya. I will say, though, that I'd pick up a hull like that in a heartbeat if I saw one for sale somewhere... That thing is way too cool to pass up.
    Rob

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast