Thread: 97vs 99

tbanzer
    1) Does anyone know if anything or what has changed between the 97 and 99 htm sr24 hulls?
    2)What is done to the hull when it is called a light layup. Does this reduction in weight cause it to ride worse than a heavier boat in rougher water, and does the boat have more of a tendency to develop stress cracks? Shopping now and trying to get some education.

andy01
    1) Does anyone know if anything or what has changed between the 97 and 99 htm sr24 hulls?
    2)What is done to the hull when it is called a light layup. Does this reduction in weight cause it to ride worse than a heavier boat in rougher water, and does the boat have more of a tendency to develop stress cracks? Shopping now and trying to get some education.
    1, I think they are the same. I haven't heard of them making any changes over time.
    2, When the boat is a light layup they use less material in laying the boat up. Thus making the boat lighter and faster. Sometimes lighter boats tend to crack easier, not ride as good in rough water because they don't have the weight to displace the water and the decks can flex when you walk on them.
    Im sure others will have more to say on the subject, but since nobody has answered you I thought I could help a little. You may want to do a search on this forum for HTM threads those boats have some "different" handling caractoristics. You should do your home work on the HTM before you buy one. Other boats to look at in that size that handle a little better and may be built a little better would be a DCB Mach 26, Elim. 25 Daytona, and the Carrara 257 Effects all would be better choices. It all depends on your budget as to what would be the best bang for the buck.
    Andy

my21advantage
    1, I think they are the same. I haven't heard of them making any changes over time.
    2, When the boat is a light layup they use less material in laying the boat up. Thus making the boat lighter and faster. Sometimes lighter boats tend to crack easier, not ride as good in rough water because they don't have the weight to displace the water and the decks can flex when you walk on them.
    Im sure others will have more to say on the subject, but since nobody has answered you I thought I could help a little. You may want to do a search on this forum for HTM threads those boats have some "different" handling caractoristics. You should do your home work on the HTM before you buy one. Other boats to look at in that size that handle a little better and may be built a little better would be a DCB Mach 26, Elim. 25 Daytona, and the Carrara 257 Effects all would be better choices. It all depends on your budget as to what would be the best bang for the buck.
    Andy
    The Carerra 257 is nowhere close to the DCB or Eliminator in performance or quality of boat.

riverracerx
    Is HTM still in business?

phebus
    Yep, had some good looking boats at the show

MIKEHTMSR24
    a full length fiberglass floor running the entire length of the boat. The older ones have a wooden floor and not near the strength. The newer ones (99+ I believe) have snap out carpet and a drain in the floor in front of the bench seat. When I bought my boat Steve of HTM gave me a picture of the fiberglass floor. If you need this picture I can scan it, sorry it was a picture he gave me during the boat show, so I don't have it on puter.
    http://www.putfile.com/mikehtmsr24

tbanzer
    Mike you have a PM.