Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Webber to sign with the Lakers?

dmontzsta
    He went on the TNT halftime show talking about his buyout. When they asked him who he was looking at, he first said "The Lakers look really good, the have a winning tradition, one of the best players with Kobe, they are playing really good ball right now and have one of the best coaches". Sources say he is looking at the Lakers, Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, Orlando and Detroit. The Lakers would waive one of their players (hopefully Williams or McKie). Webber is not about the money, just contending for a title. The Lakers can offer him 1.8 mill, which is second best to Orlando.
    When they asked Phil Jackson he responded with "We are always exploring options, all I do is look at tape and give my opinion, we have to let Kupchek do his job".
    Personally, I think he would be a good addition. He would fit in with the triangle, very nice. Especially with his playing style and body type. He bring a bit of experience and toughness that the team needs.
    Brown / Bynum / Turiaf
    Webber / Cook /
    Odom / Walton / Radmanovic
    Kobe / Evans / Vujacic
    Smush / Farmar / Williams
    With the Lakers obviously not in need of Mihm's services, they would be able to extend the contract next year, if things work out...paying Webber a solid amount since Mihm is overpaid. If they drop McKie, they lose his contract next year and he is paid alot as well. They would be well under the cap space, with Webber accepting the Vet minimum.

dmontzsta
    The Lakers listened to Webber's interview on TNT's halftime show and heard him mention the Lakers first when he discussed other teams like Orlando, Detroit, Miami and San Antonio that he likes.
    "We'll discuss his desire to be one of the five teams he's considering," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a phone interview "It sounds like he wants to move quickly. We'll discuss it as an organization tomorrow and go from there."
    Webber said he'd like to have a deal done Monday, but he won't clear waivers until Tuesday.
    "I think the Lakers are great," Webber told TNT. "They play with the ball and the triangle offense is probably the greatest offense. They have a great coach and probably the best player in the league in Kobe (Bryant)."
    http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/st...2.391440d.html

SHOTKALLIN
    Webber is the donovan Mcnab of the nba. Looks good on paper but he chokes when it counts.
    just my .02

acatitude
    webber will sign with detriot

a catered life
    don't sign that bumb he's not worth $.02 he 34, has knee problems, does not seem to me to have that winning spirit anymore, and has never play a complete season (injury free)
    we dont need another gary payton on the bench:idea:

Old Texan
    He's all into his new "Rap Career", music is his new passion which to me spells: Distraction. Like he needs more distraction.
    Webber ain't a winner, he's a flake and is approaching the "over the hill" stage of flakedom.
    Kupchak ain't stupid, he'll pass.

dmontzsta
    webber will sign with detriot
    He must have lied to the world, cause he came right out and said "that is not true" when he was asked. The interview is on NBA.com.
    The Lakers do not need Webber in crunch time, the have Kobe and Lamar along with a few others that can handle it. They need a vet who will suck up the rebounds and be a little more aggressive inside.
    We shall see.

acatitude
    webbers a liability at this point. not even a shell of the player he was before the knee injury. Im afraid he is done.

dmontzsta
    webbers a liability at this point. not even a shell of the player he was before the knee injury. Im afraid he is done.
    Well, for a little over 1 million, he is a STEAL. The Lakers would lose McKie who is paid too much, is done and just sits on the bench. They would gain a big body for free basically, without giving up any over their depth. Good deal for Chris and the Lakers.
    Even if they dont get him, no big deal. But, why not steal a vet like Webber.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast