Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Webber to sign with the Lakers?

BadKachina
    Wow, you are a little behind my friend.
    Jalen Rose has come out and said he wants his contract bought out by the Suns, he will not be there much longer.
    Webber left the Kings about two years ago, he has been playing for the 76ers and they just bought out his contract and now he is looking for a new team (Lakers or Pistons).
    BTW: Jalen Rose was originally going to sign with the Lakers. Now I bet he wishes he had, especially since he and Webber are friends.
    Wow, I didn't know he was gone. I guess I haven't seen a Kings or 76'rs game and noticed.
    When did Rose say that? I haven't seen that in our local news. I assume he's not getting enough playing time???

dmontzsta
    RealGM isnt a real reliable source, but if they are bringing it up, there must be some sort of a buzz.
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...n_for_jalen_ro se/

BadKachina
    I tried to post a link but it didn't work. There's an interview from last week on the Suns website. He seems happy to play with Nash and have a shot at a championship.

dmontzsta
    A basketball? sweet!

acatitude
    yeah, I agree 100%. It is a no brainer, the Lakers are deep and they would not change their depth at all, they would just be adding another good role player. He can shoot the mid range, be strong around the hoop and his passing and D is good. Something we have been waiting for in Kwame Brown.
    I do miss watching Odom play, there is not another player like him in the league today. Hopefully he can get back into the groove quick! I heard he could be back within 1 week. He is already practicing again and shooting the ball around, basically, they are trying to see if it swells up.
    D.. lol ... webber has never played any defense, so dont look for it to start now or youll be real disappointed.

dmontzsta
    D.. lol ... webber has never played any defense, so dont look for it to start now or youll be real disappointed.
    He will fit in perfect with the current Lakers then.
    I can say, I miss Odom. It really shows he is truely #2 on this team.

a catered life
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3818/webberlage3.jpg

you should be banned for posting that picture webber is a waste for us and to try to learn the offense at this part in the season will be to much for him

Flyinbowtie
    blowncarrera nailed it. To be very kind, defense was never Webbers' strong suit.
    Being a Kings fan, I'd like to see the Lakers sign him because he won't make them any stronger. IMHO he hasn't been the same since the knee surgery, and although I loved to watch him play back in the day, the day is over. Geoff Petrie is one smart mofo when it comes to extracting talent from people, then sending them on their way.
    He did so with Webber...

AirtimeLavey
    ESPN is reporting that Webber went w/Detroit. He's from there. Would have been interesting to see what he could have done in LA, but we've had enough of mediocre, underachieving. Radman is doing that for us now. I hope he finds himself soon.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2731833
    We need to get healed and build some momentum and consistency. It'll be a tough game tonight as the Heat looks like they're starting to get it going.

dmontzsta
    yeah, he is going to Detroit.
    Reports are he wanted a starting role and Jackson told him he would have to work his way in, once Odom and Brown came back. You know how PJ rolls. Detroit is shipping off two of three big men and guaranteeing him a starting roll. They will be shipping off either Dale Davis, Nazr or McDyess. I think that is a bad move to get rid of up and coming players and bank on Webber.
    Oh well, the Lakers are still the same either way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast