Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn Floor Jack

WETDAWG

My darn floor jack started leaking, and wont hold any pressure. Anyone know of a place in Orange County that repairs these things?
    It always happens when ya need it the most
    Gotta get my boat BACK on the trailer and need the jack to do it!
    S#*T devil

Fired Up
    Have you tried taking the cylinder apart? Its not much more than just o-rings in a cylinder, some valving and springs. Once you have the old o-rings go to your local hardware store and find replacements. Not knowing the age or brand of your floor jack may be next to impossible to try and find the exact rebuild kit. Good Luck.

DaytonaU
    jack x change anaheim

wfodude
    unless you're in love with that jack it may be cheaper to buy a new one.I had a really great heine warner that started to take a dump. the estimate was 125.00 to fix it.I bought a generic one from Kragen that has worked for 3 years now for around 50 bucks.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Watch out for those Dam floor jacks.......... burningm I was putting my Nordic in the garage. I was dragging the jack with the handle end about two feet off the ground. The handle fell off and the jack crushed the End of my FOOT......... burningm cry eek!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!! jawdrop that hurts just thinking about it. pat(slotracer)

dossangers
    WETDAWG:

My darn floor jack started leaking, and wont hold any pressure. Anyone know of a place in Orange County that repairs these things?
    It always happens when ya need it the most
    Gotta get my boat BACK on the trailer and need the jack to do it!
    S#*T devil jack exchange just had mine rebuilt almost cost as much as a new one but mine had centimental value charged me 130.00 for complete overhaul.

78Eliminator
    Just go to harbor frieght and get a new one for a C-note. After all, you need to support cheap, chinese slave labor.

WETDAWG
    I kinda have an emotional attachment to this one ....................It's like my boat....Old, Leaky , but usually reliable

78Eliminator
    When it comes to placing my body under something that could crush me, "usually reliable" doesn't count. Get a new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast