Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darn Floor Jack

Sleek-Jet
    We just buried a friend of mine about a month and a half ago. He was working under his truck when the jack gave way and crushed him. He had been having problems with the jack bleeding off for quite a while.
    I would spring for a new one.

78Eliminator
    Sleek-Jet:
    We just buried a friend of mine about a month and a half ago. He was working under his truck when the jack gave way and crushed him. He had been having problems with the jack bleeding off for quite a while.
    I would spring for a new one. No way!! I'm really sorry to hear that...

Just Tool'n
    You might try kimmerelee brothers. I think they are in Santa Fe springs.
    Allways use good jack stands! I do not know how many times I have heard about jacks failing & eating up someone good! Just my experiance of 18 years in the tool business!

Sleek-Jet
    78Eliminator:
    Sleek-Jet:
    I would spring for a new one. No way!! I'm really sorry to hear that... Yep, it was pretty tragic. He was a hot boater, and always ready to lend a hand. I almost bought a Tahiti Jet boat from him a couple years ago. Here's his obit.
    And like JustTool'n, Jack stands everybody... evertime!!
    [ April 21, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

WETDAWG
    OK Ya'll taked me into it!
    I am off to get a new jack tomorrow!
    Sorry about your bud. Our prayers are with him!
    WD

72Spectra
    Hate to hear stuff like that. But never never never trust a jack. Always use a jack stand, an old wheel or something and always chock the tires so whatever your working on wont move!!!!

Fiat48
    Just in case anybody wants to fix an old jack, I found many use metric O rings. After much searching, I found Cat has gone to all metric O rings and they have about every size there is. A $3.00 O ring (famous Cat markup) fixed my leaking jack. Even has a Cat part number molded right into the O ring!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12