Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Results!!!

BrendellaJet
    Wow, I have to say that watching my motor get dynoed was probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen.
    Before I tell you about the power though- I think a huge thanks to Dave Ebbert is in order. This project has taken 3 years, and Dave was always willing to take my call & answer my questions. He knew I had a budget and he helped me out by finding deals on the block & rods and bro'd me out on some other stuff I'm sure(hint!). This man can build a motor.
    Also a special thanks goes out to Steve Brule of Westech for putting this motor through its paces. I was there for 8 or 10 pulls and he wrung it out every time-and it never skipped a beat. When I got there they fired it up and when he let her rip I was dumbfounded at how badass it sounded.
    The results:
    Peak power:825 hp @ 6800
    Peak Torque708lb/ft @5300
    The best part is that it makes 800 @ 6100 so there isn't much to gain by spinning it 700 more rpm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEN2SJvqoRY

IMPATIENT 1
    sweet! i lurked tonite waiting for results, get any video?

IMPATIENT 1
    just seen vid comment,lol. that's strong , i'm trying to get 800 with a blower and dual 750's, doin it "all motor" is sick:devil:

MikeF
    Wow, I have to say that watching my motor get dynoed was probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen.
    It is quite fun being there! Day in, day out, those guys do their job well.
    Engines gonna make one quick skinny boat!

BrendellaJet
    It is quite fun being there! Day in, day out, those guys do their job well.
    Engines gonna make one quick skinny boat!
    They do. They know their chit too. I think we were all a little bummed when it wouldn't break 820. No matter what they did for 3 or 4 pulls it kept pulling 816. Pulled a quart of oil out of it and bingo! 825.
    The boat is skinny. I dont realize it because its the only boat ive really had anything to do with in the last 4 years. Im sure I'll eventually make the move to somthing a little bigger, but for now Im gonna see what this thing is made of!

Fiat48
    Note to self. Qt oil is worth 9 Hp. So...2 qts is 18 hp. and 3 is...

Blown 472
    Before I tell you about the power though- I think a huge thanks to Dave Ebbert is in order. This project has taken 3 years, and Dave was always willing to take my call & answer my questions. He knew I had a budget and he helped me out by finding deals on the block & rods and bro'd me out on some other stuff I'm sure(hint!). This man can build a motor.
    Also a special thanks goes out to Steve Brule of Westech for putting this motor through its paces. I was there for 8 or 10 pulls and he wrung it out every time-and it never skipped a beat. When I got there they fired it up and when he let her rip I was dumbfounded at how badass it sounded.
    The results:
    Peak power:825 hp @ 6800
    Peak Torque708lb/ft @5300
    The best part is that it makes 800 @ 6100 so there isn't much to gain by spinning it 700 more rpm.
    I cant find my firewire so the video will have to wait!
    Well lets hear the details of this motta

Wet Dream
    Note to self. Qt oil is worth 9 Hp. So...2 qts is 18 hp. and 3 is...
    Thats funny

Bow Tie Omega
    Blown, you would not like this motor, it has a "conservative" setup.

Beer-30
    Chevrolet 548. Compression is pump gas friendly, but would be considered pushing the limits by some(Lets say 10.5:1 for conversation sake). Heads are Canfield CNC 330's with crane cams shaft rockers. Edelbrock Victor Junior ported at Wilson Manifolds. Holley HP 950, Basset Headers, MSD Digital 6 plus ignition & pro billet distributor. Solid roller with .700 lift, Olsen pan. Going with Pete Jackson noisy gear drive because I love the sound.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast