Thread: How do YOU define custom boat?

nodigg
    What defines "custom" boat? Customer chosen sold over the counter gauges, bezels, engines and outdrives and stereo components installed by a manufacturer?? I call most boats semi-custom anyway.
    Now those wooden hand built boats with no fiberglass high PRODUCTION molds....Now thats custom.
    We make precast products. Anything we have an exhisting mold for is called a standard production item. When we have to build a special mold...we call it custom.
    So what makes "custom" boats custom in your opinion?

wsuwrhr
    This was covered awhile ago.
    Good thread though.
    Maybe I can dig it up.
    Brian

SHOTKALLIN
    warlocks,goblins, hobits, skulls............in any color you want

wsuwrhr
    Found it.

Beer-30
    Say a mfg made all of their boats with the same motor/drive, gauges, tabs or not, same interior, same trailer, but different graphics and colors each time - that would be "non-custom". All specs are the same for each boat, and only the mfg pics the colors, graphics for each boat. I wouldn't call that a "sport-custom" boat.
    Take the same mfg, and turn out every boat to customer specs where pretty much non are the same as the last/next - that's custom.
    A hybrid mfg, like Sleek and several others, pump out "non-custom" boats all day long. Magic decks, Sleek Enforcers and Heritages are built all the time. Rigged, interiored, gauged, stereoed, ready to go - turn key. But, if you don't see one on the lot that you like, you order your own "custom" one with your specific rigging, interior, stereo, gauges, whatever.
    I look at "custom" as "customer-ized", meaning it is specific to you and no one else.
    If someone walked in and cloned your custom boat, exactly the same as yours, both would still be custom - as they were not "production" boats.
    I may be way off, but that is how it comes to mind for me.

Jbb
    Custom.....Anything that receives the Team Jbb seal of approval......such as this one....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1168721140

chub
    I had 21 ultra closed bow built and picked out all bells and whistles.
    I guess thats custom built!

centerhill condor
    custom is short for "cust them"...kinda like alimony is short for "all the money"

nodigg
    I had 21 ultra closed bow built and picked out all bells and whistles.
    I guess thats custom built!
    HAD? Are you boatless??