Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***boat insurance estimates??

Not So Fast
    I'm surprised nobody has commented on this months issue with the insurance estimates given on various test boats, especially the 3 deck boats tested. With a low of $2095 to a high of $3914 qouted I would find it hard to pay these amounts and would probably go the pontoon route. One had exotic power but two were stock Merc power, a 496 & a HP525 so they could stick those qoutes where the sun dont shine as far as I'm concerned. In the area of $3000 average, come on, get real. Guess I'll stay where I'm at for around $500 @year. :idea: NSF

blown65
    Ya, it sux. We prob wont get another boat just because of insurance. Got lucky and got ours covered for 1200 a yr but if we went now that company wouldnt even look at this type of boat again.
    The two other quotes were 5-6k.

Kachina26
    ***boat has a magazine?
    HA! I was first

TheCarDudes
    I was able to get very reasonable coverage from State Farm.
    Howard 28 Sport Deck
    Gary Taylor TPI700
    $1278 per year. NO LAY-UP.

BajaMike
    I didn't see the article....do they have any quotes on high perforance cats?? I'm wondering what the cost must be for these 100 mph DCBs.......:idea:

Kilrtoy
    I didn't see the article....do they have any quotes on high perforance cats?? I'm wondering what the cost must be for these 100 mph DCBs.......:idea:

4K and up depends on how much over 100MPH and how long is your lay up

voodoomedman
    ***boat has a magazine?
    HA! I was first
    RDSux
    Actually I was first!

Not So Fast
    I dont know who this Wozencraft Agency is but the Next X265 with a 496HO is qouted at $2095 to $2979, are you kidding me Get real bud, you are crazy. I pay below $ 500 @year, maybe you made a MISTAKE in your qoute. His comment on securing your insurance BEFORE buying or at least seeing if the boat was insureable (sp) though was damn good advice IMO. NSF

Not So Fast

They actually had a little inset box for all the individual boats they tested and most qoutes were outrageous, in fact unbelieveable. If indeed his qoutes are accurate then I predict the boating industry will fall on very hard times. Christ sakes, a deckboat with a 496HO at around $2500 @ year average, like I said, they are crazy. I would sell my boat IMMEDIATELY if this were the case and go with a nice pontoon boat, arghhh. Its a little different if you are a baller with a high powered cat then I think you expect this, but boats as described in this issue are everyday boats, well not quite but almost. Whoozycraft Agency would be a better name because they are delirious!! JMO NSF

catman-do
    Im a little over 900 per year for ours, with a 496HO. Thats also one of the reasons i didnt go to a 525. I dont NEED to do 85-90 at an initial cost of 15k, plus an additional cost of 1200+ per year in insurance and probably an extra hundred dollars a weekend for gas when i only go top speed every now-and-then.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast