Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick And Tired Of Npg Cable

Not So Fast
    Yep, I've finally had it with NPG Cable and I'm getting Direct TV this Tuesday. Hope it was a good decision, coudnt be much worse than the picture we get on the local channels now and seeing how the HD antennae dish and reciever plus installation is free it seemed like a deal. Now I have to buy an HD TV though. Any comments or thoughts ???? NSF

ULTRA26 # 1
    Yep, I've finally had it with NPG Cable and I'm getting Direct TV this Tuesday. Hope it was a good decision, coudnt be much worse than the picture we get on the local channels now and seeing how the HD antennae dish and reciever plus installation is free it seemed like a deal. Now I have to buy an HD TV though. Any comments or thoughts ???? NSF
    Bobby,
    I had Adelphia cable here in Brea for 20 years and it was terrible. Switched to Dish about 6 mos ago and it was one of the best moves I ever made. Clear picture on every channel and slightly cheaper in price. I have Direct at my Bullhead house and it is great as well. I didn't go with HD at either place. My plasma is only ED. My LCD is HD but still works great on the standard signal. Both are Samsung which I highly reccomend.
    John M

phebus
    We have had NPG cable, and now have Dish. Dish has better picture, better selection, and if you go HD, has a lot of HD channels.
    The only problem we have with Dish is the sound track doesn't always match the picture and can be irritating.
    I think you will like Direct much better then NPG.

BEER&WATER
    I have DIRECT TV and love it.. my friend had npg and i told him that it was fuzzy looking to me..he said
    no way thats a great picture .we both have the same tv's
    (50"mits) he came to my house and watched mine and did not want to admit it but said ok maybe it a little better .. he was gona look into
    dish network cuz he wanted sirrius radio.well needless to say. he has dish network now and it"s the shit

Boatcop
    I've got Direct TV (HD/DVR) for television, but have NPG for Internet, Phone and guest rooms TV.
    Don't use the TVs too often, except when I have the kids over, or need to work on my Desktop (Office in a spare bedroom) and watch TV at the same time.
    For the HD TV, I got a Panasonic 32" for the family room. Would have got bigger, but the 32" is the only one that would fit in the entertainment center. Plenty big enough for me, and I don't want to shell out a couple of grand for a new center just to gain a few square inches in viewing surface.

Not So Fast
    Thanks you guys, comforting to know you like Direct better that cable. NPG has always been nice and sent a tech out right away but when I ask them why my picture looks like it does all I get is excuses, I pay top prices so I want a good product. As far as TV's I like the Samsung DLP HD 60" but the burnout rate of the bulb or what ever it is worries me, something like 3000 hrs or so, hell thats about a month for us. Today with the games and stuff our TV will be on for probably 18 hours or so, so that worries me, they are not cheap to fix either. At least until I get the other TV my picture wont look like a snowstorm huh? Cant wait. NSF

Not So Fast
    I've got Direct TV (HD/DVR) for television, but have NPG for Internet, Phone and guest rooms TV.
    Don't use the TVs too often, except when I have the kids over, or need to work on my Desktop (Office in a spare bedroom) and watch TV at the same time.
    For the HD TV, I got a Panasonic 32" for the family room. Would have got bigger, but the 32" is the only one that would fit in the entertainment center. Plenty big enough for me, and I don't want to shell out a couple of grand for a new center just to gain a few square inches in viewing surface.
    Oh yeah Alan, I'll keep NPG for my computer. NSF

Mike K
    I had a satellite receiver and 1 dish on my Trailer down in Parker for just 1 TV.
    That was simple install. I now have a 4 room house in Havasu all wired and using NPG cable . I like Satellite better . My question is this ... "How do you hook up the TV's with the Dish ... when a house is wired for cable does that also mean you can hook up the dish antenna wire right to the cable hook up on the side of my house and the TV's will work? or do you have to re-wire everything for Satellite ? Thanks, Mike.

KYBOATER
    yes you can use enternal wiring for sat. or cable

Throttle
    you got me thinkin NSF...:idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast