Thread: Flow coat

LuckyDaze
    Has anyone flow coated their boats themselves? If so whats a good way to get a nice finish out of it. I am about to rip the carpet up on my boat and I want her to look good when I put a new false floor back in. Or should I just carpet back over it?
    ~Brian

OverKill
    Carpet All The Way.

78CoLe
    todd has done a couple him self trg fiberglass give him a call

BrendellaJet
    You have to think about what the boat will get used for. If its gonna sit on the trailer all day(vdrive), go with the flowcoat, it will give you something to do while you wait for the chop to die down. If its gonna get used a lot, the carpet will show less wear IMO.

LuckyDaze
    Why is flow coat only for flat bottoms? I had actually thought of a combo of flow coat and carpet. I would deff. like to coat the bildge with something as it is bare fiberglass finish now.
    ~Brian

George Pataki
    This cheyenne had carpet in it before, We started to fill the unnecessary holes in the stringers.
    Definitely was worth the extra work to flow coat the floor.
    http://www.arsmarine.com/gallery/alb...marine_026.jpg
    And flow coat is fairley tough stuff. If in a few years you see wear you can allways wet sand and buff it back to the orinigal luster.
    :jawdrop: :idea: Let me see if I can dig up some better photos of the finished product:idea: :jawdrop:

BrendellaJet
    Why is flow coat only for flat bottoms? I had actually thought of a combo of flow coat and carpet. I would deff. like to coat the bildge with something as it is bare fiberglass finish now.
    ~Brian
    Ill generalize here...flat bottoms aren't typically a family boat. Flow coat is slippery. You ever slip on a wet floor and fall on your ass? Try doing it in a boat.
    Again, it all depends on what the boat is used for.

Nucking futs
    I did mine about 2 months ago. still need to scuff and spray one more coat on it. it looks good, but it is slippery. I would just put carpet in your boat.
    http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...101AZs2zdw5Zsd

Wicked Performance Boats
    I wouldn't do a combo. Either finish it and flowcoat it or just recarpet it. Flowcoated floors are way easier to clean but very slippery. Now if you want good looks and fast-that's the way. Carpet wet adds alot of weight but is way more user friendly. Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
    I did mine about 2 months ago. still need to scuff and spray one more coat on it. it looks good, but it is slippery. I would just put carpet in your boat.
    http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...101AZs2zdw5Zsd
    Nucking futs, Looks killer!!!!!! now can I get in it with my dirty sandals? Budlight