Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Headed Stepchild (Owning a "V-DRIVE")!!!

BILLY.B
    It really sickens me to say this....Due to our judicial system (Judges) & (Liars), I mean Lawyers, and the insurance companys that have to pay out because people won't except responsibilty for there own actions when THEY F*%K UP, the Needles Vacation / V-DRIVE BASH is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. There were countless hours spent by myself and Needles Marina park to come up with an arrangement but in the end I felt like i'd been ran over by an 18 wheeler. Seeing as this was there biggest financial week of the year in terms of money to the park, a great group of people (no fights, no trash left behind, no defacing of property) and the fact that we were always willing to help out anyway we could was just not worth the risk I was told. It's really ashame that in todays communist world we call America that we as group of v-drivers can't even get together to hang out, tell lies, and just flat out (no pun intended) have a good time without being told.......... NO, you can't do this!!!!!. Needles Marina park had me on a conference call with there insurance agent, which on there behalf was a nice gester, but I also felt like whatever I had for a solution feel on deaf ears. Or should I say on ears that really had no idea what type of boat or type of people we have show up at Needles. I had suggested that Needles Marina send out a letter that would say that your vacation was over. That if you showed up with your boat you wouldn't be allowed to launch at there ramp. I figured this would take the liability risk away from them. I figured we would still come and that we could launch at another ramp either up river or down river. But there insurance agent said that this still said that Needles Marina was condoning having THESE type of boats in there park. What about a boat show???. Seeing as these are some of the nicest crafts anywhere to be found. That was also turned down. Bottom line..... Owning one of these type of v boats (insurance agents term) is just to much of a risk. My rebutal was....If I was a member of the LSC (Lucky Sperm Club) and my Dad gave me his credit card, and I went down to Eliminator or DCB and bought a 28ft cat with a couple of blown engines in it, and out of the showroom it would run over 110 mph, seating for 6, holds 2 ice chest, and I could drink while I was driving, and do all of this with no boating experience, THAT WOULD BE FINE ??????. No comment!!!. Rick King, who some of you might know in person or from Jerry's River Rats DVD, was at Needles in September and decided to change his gears. (I love this story). Well over the course of 2 days. a jar of salsa, couple of bags of chips, with a beer thrown in for good measure, he was done. Know why it took so long?????. Guys walking up and BS'ing with him. And if you know Rick he loves to have you pull up a chair have a chip or two, throw one back and talk about anything that has to do with HP. That my friends is what this whole deal WAS about. Getting together and building friendships that would last a life time. Thank the lady who sued McDonalds for the coffee being to hot, (the lawyer who took the case, and the judge who let this F#*KING case into his court room) and won!!!. Well guys and gals it was fun while it lasted !!!!!!.

olbiezer
    damn......i never even got a chance to come watch.......lawyers suck.....sorry to hear it billy

DUNDUN
    damn.. that is total bullshit. so.. redrock is out and needles is too now? i went two years ago and it was the best river trip ive ever been on. what a shame. :frown:

eraser
    I'm going to be sick ! Billy, I just want to say THANK YOU!!!!!! for at least trying!!!!

lucky
    It really sickens me to say this....Due to our judicial system (Judges) & (Liars), I mean Lawyers, and the insurance companys that have to pay out because people won't except responsibilty for there own actions when THEY F*%K UP, the Needles Vacation / V-DRIVE BASH is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. There were countless hours spent by myself and Needles Marina park to come up with an arrangement but in the end I felt like i'd been ran over by an 18 wheeler. Seeing as this was there biggest financial week of the year in terms of money to the park, a great group of people (no fights, no trash left behind, no defacing of property) and the fact that we were always willing to help out anyway we could was just not worth the risk I was told. It's really ashame that in todays communist world we call America that we as group of v-drivers can't even get together to hang out, tell lies, and just flat out (no pun intended) have a good time without being told.......... NO, you can't do this!!!!!. Needles Marina park had me on a conference call with there insurance agent, which on there behalf was a nice gester, but I also felt like whatever I had for a solution feel on deaf ears. Or should I say on ears that really had no idea what type of boat or type of people we have show up at Needles. I had suggested that Needles Marina send out a letter that would say that your vacation was over. That if you showed up with your boat you wouldn't be allowed to launch at there ramp. I figured this would take the liability risk away from them. I figured we would still come and that we could launch at another ramp either up river or down river. But there insurance agent said that this still said that Needles Marina was condoning having THESE type of boats in there park. What about a boat show???. Seeing as these are some of the nicest crafts anywhere to be found. That was also turned down. Bottom line..... Owning one of these type of v boats (insurance agents term) is just to much of a risk. My rebutal was....If I was a member of the LSC (Lucky Sperm Club) and my Dad gave me his credit card, and I went down to Eliminator or DCB and bought a 28ft cat with a couple of blown engines in it, and out of the showroom it would run over 110 mph, seating for 6, holds 2 ice chest, and I could drink while I was driving, and do all of this with no boating experience, THAT WOULD BE FINE ??????. No comment!!!. Rick King, who some of you might know in person or from Jerry's River Rats DVD, was at Needles in September and decided to change his gears. (I love this story). Well over the course of 2 days. a jar of salsa, couple of bags of chips, with a beer thrown in for good measure, he was done. Know why it took so long?????. Guys walking up and BS'ing with him. And if you know Rick he loves to have you pull up a chair have a chip or two, throw one back and talk about anything that has to do with HP. That my friends is what this whole deal WAS about. Getting together and building friendships that would last a life time. Thank the lady who sued McDonalds for the coffee being to hot, (the lawyer who took the case, and the judge who let this F#*KING case into his court room) and won!!!. Well guys and gals it was fun while it lasted !!!!!!.
    Hey Billy ,
    whats would you k look like wit a rude on it lol --
    THIS IS BULLSHIT , I see so many wrongs in the world today , it ain't funny !!
    Just don't let it get ya down -- keep trying - Maybe you could ask them if you could put up your own bond - to cover the event -- ( insurance company's like shared liability ) I'm sure all the gay amm Guys would pitch in a a few bucks , I would really like to take a trec down to az for a weekend and screw with you guys -- if it becomes a major issue and you fockers CANT do it Maybe we should move it up north to CLEARLAke particularly Konocti harbor inn -- They still run one or two ski races up there a year and i have been master baiting to the idea of nor cal v drive affair ?
    So bottom line -- If they are going to try to smother us , they better be ready for a whole bunch of KUNG FU and shrooooms ..... and your pussy ass coors light ...

It is getting harder & harder to be an honest & upstanding human being, taught by my grandfather to treat people with respect & honor your fellow man. And take responsability for your own actions.
    Now, the verry people that I was raised to respect keep trying to take away my rights & have now taken away something that I thought as an American I had the right to do.
    We need to buy a chunk of land with a lake on it big enough to run our boats. Fence it off & call it "America". V-drives, Guns & good times welcome, No B.S. Tolerated.
    Ya know, Put quite simply, If there was profit for corporations this would not have happend.

Sangster
    Billy...That sucks big time.. It's not jest the Ignorant Insurance Co.'s.. Their jest trying to protect their policy holder from the vast flurry of "Tort ***** Attorneys" out to get rich off someone else's injoyment... Your right about Going in and buying a Showroom Special that will run in the low to mid 100's & be accepted at nearly any resort/park... The writing was on the wall back when Jack Davidson was sued & quit producing Sanger Flats/Hydro's...Very Sad.........

dmontzsta
    :cry: I never even got to go... :cry:
    I am pissed now, F this! :cry:
    Hopefully we can get another get together for V-Drivers.

Sangerboy
    Damn :220v: Most of us have seen the writing on the wall and knew it would come to this, but right now I'm just angry and very sad.
    I had let my wife know that if anything ever happened to end my life, I want to be cremated and one of the places I wanted my ashes scattered was the stretch between the bridge and the point. So many memories of having a blast and doing something I am absolutely passionate about.
    Billy I want to thank you for all the effort you put in to try and resolve the problems and come up with a workable solution, I know you've probably laid awake at nights trying to think of some way to keep making it happen. Right now I'm going to go stew for awhile and collect my thoughts ( the collecting shouldn't take to long ) Let's figure out something that we can do.

dmontzsta
    Yes. I would like to Thank You also, Billy. You have done ALOT to help grow this sport. Thank You!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast