Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Headed Stepchild (Owning a "V-DRIVE")!!!

I'm thinking chasing away a one good loyal custumer is no way to survive, especially when your good loyal custumer has a 1000 friends, insurance concerns or not. Seems that you find a way to please as many patrons as you can.
    Seems like they are just trying to manage their risk, I just hope they made the right decision.
    You have got to be kidding. "insurance concerns or not".
    Any business that operates without insurance will be out of business the first time anything happens, unless of course they're rich enough to "self insure", which I'm confident few if any in the boating industry are.
    The marina has NO choice here. The insurance carrier told them "if you do this we won't write you". End of story. They have to have insurance. And its highly unlikely any other carrier would consider accepting them on any other terms so it's not like a just go down the street deal.
    If blame needs to be applied, apply it where it belongs... the trial lawyers and our government for allowing this type of frivilous litigating to exist. That is what makes insurance companies make decisions of this nature. They are simply covering their asses because they've been burned by frivilous litigation too many times.
    I do agree with you on the media coverage to the point it's unfortunate in this case. But then again it is the medias job to cover boating events and happenings and I've heard it time and time again on this forum people complaining about the poor coverage their race or event received.

wsuwrhr
    You have got to be kidding. "insurance concerns or not".
    Read sir,
    "Seems that you find a way to please as many patrons as you can."

Read sir,
    "Seems that you find a way to please as many patrons as you can."
    I agree with that statement but...
    in this case you "have no way" to please this group of patrons "because" your insurance company has you by the balls. So... under those circumstances they are "complying" with your statement of "pleasing as many patrons as they can". They just have no means to do it here.
    So beating up the marina is the wrong target. Everyone in this country should be beating up on their legislators who refuse to correct the system that this symptom is a result of.

wsuwrhr
    I agree with that statement but...
    in this case you "have no way" to please this group of patrons "because" your insurance company has you by the balls. So... under those circumstances they are "complying" with your statement of "pleasing as many patrons as they can". They just have no means to do it here.
    I guess I was implying I wish they could have worked towards some type of compromise.
    The letter states no V-drives or K boats.
    Pretty vague or pretty direct, depends on what you are thinking.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Everyone in this country should be beating up on their legislators who refuse to correct the system that this symptom is a result of.
    Fight the government, please, didn't take long for me to learn you I just voted in a new face.
    The ball just rolls over anyone else trying to make a difference.
    "Now call me a liar"
    Brian

Fight the government, please, didn't take long for me to learn you are just voting in a new face.
    The ball just rolls over anyone else trying to make a difference.
    "Now call me a liar"
    Brian
    That's because "few" ever take any action but "many" like to bitch (like us here for instance). It would take "many" pressuring the gov to change things and "continuous" pressure on the gov newbies too, no one shot fixes. But it'll never happen, you know it and I know it.
    My point was don't beat up the marina, they aren't the cause, they're the result of a broken legislative and judicial system that will get worse before it gets better.

wsuwrhr
    That's because "few" ever take any action but "many" like to bitch (like us here for instance). It would take "many" pressuring the gov to change things and "continuous" pressure on the gov newbies too, no one shot fixes. But it'll never happen, you know it and I know it.
    My point was don't beat up the marina, they aren't the cause, they're the result of a broken legislative and judicial system that will get worse before it gets better.

Yes sir,
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    107 replies and 2200 veiws?
    Im out.
    CA'MON.
    Brian

Sherpa
    in defense of all this, it surely sounds like the owners/operators of the resort
    have made their decision....... it sucks.
    that being the case, you guys should give the resort new business.... like this:
    suggest to all the "wakeboard" types, the girls gone wild types, the spring-
    breakers, and other diviants, hold their functions there.......
    join wakeboarding forums indicating how "open" the resort is to operating
    wakeboard boats with full balast systems in their harbor.... that loud music
    is very tolerated. even at 3am.
    they'll end up thinking you guys were sent from heaven after a couple years
    of that going on..........
    no easy solution........ truly a loss...... especially they hyped-out the V-drives
    and let in jets, the 120mph twin screw tunnels, the idiot jetski folk...
    --Sherpa

Billile
    I am wondering if the AVI or the Bluewater locations are feasable in any way. I know that they have allready been suggested but we havn't seen any type of response yet. I 'am sure that you are fed up the the gills with the insuranse BS and the lot, but we would sure like to see this event continue if there is any way that it can.
    Thanks for all that you have done in the past. I know that there has been a ton of people that have enjoyed it.
    Steve

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast