Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propane on BBC

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    We have a few accounts that do propane conversions. WHat are your thoughts on propane in a boat? IT has a octane of 104!!!!!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
    Also gives you less power... then you have to deal with the large and very heavy tank...oh yeah... fill ups are going to be fun...

centerhill condor
    25 years ago my buddies dad would convert mainly chevys to run on propane. He claimed it was the best stuff goin' atomized better than gasoline, higher octane, cleaner burning, etc. Many fork trucks run on it every day.
    I've read it runs better with an additive. No road tax!
    His stuff was all dual fuel. I've often considered it myself as I like projects such as this...Natural gas can be liquified and carried in a high pressure cylinder wtih the right compressor you can refuel at home.

rrrr
    We have a few accounts that do propane conversions. WHat are your thoughts on propane in a boat? IT has a octane of 104!!!!!!!!
    Dude, just sell the tanks you've been boosting and forget it.

lucky
    take lue with you - and some home refri's a #12 nipple a hose clamp and a Nose pin - you should be Aired out in more ways than one

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Dude, just sell the tanks you've been boosting and forget it.
    I like this idea:idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    I think the lower power content could be made up by the increased compression and timing you are able to run detonation-free, at least as compared to 91 octane premium. Weight of the storage system on the other hand is a separate issue and could be the killer in a small performance boat.
    Last I heard (recently), octane comparison was 108. I had always heard 104 years ago.

Kindsvater Flat
    Buddy of mine runs it in a 17' sanger.. Runs mid/high 80's on a small block.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery...al_propane.jpg
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery...l_propane2.jpg

atxwrangler
    WOW! GPS 80'S???? NO BLOWER????

Kindsvater Flat
    Yep. Did you think I was going to say 120 like all the other jet boat ebay ads?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast