This is what I ended up doing.
I searched all over the internet looking for tickets. I kept going back and re-checking with ticket master. One day they had a pair of tickets tenth row, center section just off to the left. Previously, the closest I was able to get was about 18 rows back. Same price - after all charges and taxes almost $600 for two tix.
For airfare I went with Southwest. $236 RT from San Diego.
For the hotel, I went with priceline.com - Name Your Price. I put in for a 5 Star on the strip for the three nights we were interested. You don't get to name your hotel, but Ceasars was averaging about $300/nite, so I started a $100 - denied. I kept on increasing my bids in roughly $20 increments, but mixed it up, i.e., $122, 147, 166, 181 & 201 is wher I finally was excepted. The hotel that was chosen was the Wynn, so that seems pretty cool.
So far it has only cost me a little over $1500, but I haven't started partying yet, so that is sure to double.
The Wynn should be an awesome experience. Brand new, and top notch. One of my friends stayed there and said they have Plasma screen TV's in the shower.