Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice?

LuckyDaze
    Is it just me or are boats getting bigger and bigger? Do they consider these big boats "***boats?" When I think of a ***boat I think of a small boat with lots of engine that makes a lot of noise and scares your passanger. Whats with these boats that keep getting bigger and bigger? One of em sunk my dad in his challenger a couple of years back and didn't even stop to see what was up. (He was floating down river when a twin engine boat passed him 15 feet away at 80 mph) It also seems as though its a big boat vs small boat attitude out there. I always thought we were out at the river for the same thing which was to have fun.
    Anyone notice a difference in the people driving small boats vs the big boats? Or is it just me?
    ~Brian

Devilman
    Going out on a limb here, LOL, but to me it seems to be either a lack of experience or a lack of plain old common courtesy. Don't have a lot of the "big" boats around here, but I've seen the behaviour which you describe displayed by clowns in fishing boats, jetskis, etc.... One of the last gatherings we attended though, there were boats of all shapes & sizes. Some of the peeps hanging out by us on the beach, had "big" boats & were cool as hell. By which I mean they were aware of the people around them & didn't come in plowing a bigass wake or keep cruising back & forth wrecking all the smaller boats that were tied along the beach there.
    Then there were the ones that everybody hates & likes to bash. Not really the size of the boat I guess, but the size of the asshole behind the wheel.

Blown Income
    Yeah its kind of like long travel cars at the desert. If you spend alot on your toys than you're allowed to ruin everybody else's weekend!!

OverKill
    Yes I had the same thing happen to me last season. So I got in front of this stupid idiot and put up my huge ROOSTER and flooded his openbow. WoW what fun that was. Thats why you go Hydraulic with 32 different tail settings it's the 32nd one that always gets them.

centerhill condor
    sounds like a rice rocket vs. harley thing to me.
    Americans love bigger and bigger...

MWJSOne
    The Bigger the boat the more booze and not giving a crap about those around you make for One Big A Hole.

Moneypitt
    Huge boats in lakes and rivers, are like super loud, "boom ditty boom" stereos, or trucks lifted 4 feet that never see anything close to dirt. They can't help it, it's "Compensating" for other "short comings". Either mentally, or physically, and an unending desire to show everyone how much money they have access to, ie: loans for more than some of us paid for our houses!!! ........MP

LuckyDaze
    I guess I just needed to vent and see who had similar situations like me. I agree its not always the boat but the a-hole behind the wheel... It just seems that the big expensive boats carry the big expensive buttholes. Im out there to have fun ya know? I don't care if your out there in an aluminum flat bottom fishing boat with a trolling motor... Let's play shoes and have a bbq ya know?
    However, I do find it nice to see that there are some freeboard challenged people out there like me.

Mike D..
    Yeah its kind of like long travel cars at the desert. If you spend alot on your toys than you're allowed to ruin everybody else's weekend!!
    Don`t you have both, big boat and a long travel car??:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    VERY TRUE!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast