Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Small Blocks vs Big Blocks in jets.......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Why is it that the lumi boys(canadians) can make 85mph jets with a small block but it takes us glassmen larger cubes and more hp to achieve the same:idea: Whats wrong with this picture????????????

OverKill
    Mike go to Engine Masters .com and look at the small block by (Speed O Motive). They are makeing 825 HP with a small block. I raise the same question Im just under 500 with alot more wheight, so why not go small block ???

OKIE-JET
    Weight.

centerhill condor
    I think the short answer is the torque. it all depends on how fast you want to be off the line...mho
    CC

BOOGEYMAN
    A 800 hp small block is not that hard to do, a buddy runs a 434 sbc with 2 fogger systems and makes 1185 with it. Here is a video of a blown 416 that makes 1200 on 22 psi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8lI5AOBrE
    The big block will last longer than the small block in most cases.

bottom feeder
    It is all about HP to weight. Allways has been allways will be. if you make 800 with a 300 LBS motor and 800 with a 600 LBS motor whare is the advantge? My tin can has BBC only because it is a toy now. The BBC offered better life in the 800 HP range. The boat was faster with the 800 HP range SBC.

gforceauto
    i went sbc and if you like high revs go with sb if you like low rpms go bb. a bone stock bb will smoke a bone stock sb, so its how much $ you want to spend. 6000.00 got me 500hp
    T

Devilman
    I dunno, weight seems like the biggest difference. Those aluminum boats are hauling ass like that with a small block, just makes me wonder what they would do with a built big block. I would love to have one of those boats, be badass to never have to worry about rot, or running it up on a stump or a sand bar. Hit something, got a leak? Weld that baby up...... No messin round tryin to find a glass guy & all of that.....

LuckyDaze
    I dunno, weight seems like the biggest difference. Those aluminum boats are hauling ass like that with a small block, just makes me wonder what they would do with a built big block. I would love to have one of those boats, be badass to never have to worry about rot, or running it up on a stump or a sand bar. Hit something, got a leak? Weld that baby up...... No messin round tryin to find a glass guy & all of that.....
    Im right there with ya. Seems easier to me maintenence wise.... I wonder the pricetag that goes along with those monsters....
    ~Brian

Jetaholic
    Why is it that the lumi boys(canadians) can make 85mph jets with a small block but it takes us glassmen larger cubes and more hp to achieve the same:idea: Whats wrong with this picture????????????
    Are you sure it's 85mph and not 85k/mh?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast