Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As a SF Giants fan I say.......

DILLIGAF
    F BARRY BONDS! Get rid of his weak act.....He has worn out his welcome mat with me. I am sick of his shit and he is an embarassment to the game. It is obvious what he has done and I don't give a shit what anybody says. Just done with hearing about this prima-donna. I hope the Giants do sign him and make him sit the bench ALL year.
    Giants considering walking away from Bonds?
    FOXSports.com
    Posted: 4 hours ago
    The San Francisco Giants could be considering walking away from their one-year contract agreement with Barry Bonds that would pay him nearly $16 million for the 2007 season, according to published reports.
    A report in Wednesday's New York Times cites an unnamed lawyer on the Bonds side who suspects that the Giants, "reacting to negative news media views in the Bay Area", are considering ways to get out of they deal they struck with Bonds on Dec. 7.
    When an official with knowledge of the talks was asked by The Times whether the deal could effectively blow up, he said, "It's possible."
    Giants' general manager Brian Sabean did not a return a phone call from the newspaper seeking comment.
    Said Bonds's agent, Jeff Borris: "I can't really comment on that situation right now."
    Meanwhile, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday that the Giants, according to "people familiar with their thinking", have discussed walking away from the Bonds deal due to the difficulties in finalizing a contract.
    Sabean apparently refused to discuss The TImes story or whether he is exploring alternatives to signing Bonds. He stated only the club's position on the matter.
    "The player is unsigned and contract issues remain unresolved. That hasn't changed."
    But the Chronicle also has reported that the leaked drug test that embarrassed Bonds last week could turn out to give him a better chance of staying with the Giants for the 2007 season.
    The newspaper cited multiple and unnamed industry sources in reporting that the Giants can't use the failed drug test to walk away from the contract because legally they should not have received the confidential information.
    And the Chronicle says that even if the Giants decided to nullify the deal for other reasons; it is possible that Bonds could argue in a grievance that the drug test was the real reason — and win it.
    As for Bonds, he recently spoke out in support of Mark McGwire and Pete Rose as he thinks both players deserve to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    The Baseball Writers' Association of America elected Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn to the Hall last week, but denied McGwire. The former slugger ranks seventh on the career list with 583 home runs, but his legacy was tarnished when he stonewalled Congress two years ago amid accusations of steroid use.
    "I congratulate Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn for their induction to the Hall of Fame because they were great ballplayers," Bonds said Wednesday in the Dominican Republic. "But I also think McGwire and Pete Rose should be in Cooperstown."
    The 23.5 percent vote McGwire received represented the first referendum on how history will judge an age when bulked-up players came under suspicion of using performance-enhancing drugs. Baseball didn't ban steroids until after the 2002 season.
    Hall of Fame voters might face a similar decision on Bonds, who is under investigation by a federal grand jury as to whether he perjured himself when he testified in 2003 in the BALCO steroid distribution case that he hadn't knowingly taken any performance-enhancing drugs.
    Rose, meanwhile, was given a lifetime ban from baseball in 1989 for betting on the sport, something he denied for years. The career hits leader with 4,256, Rose has never appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot but received four write-in votes this year.
    Arriving in the Dominican Republic for the Juan Marichal Golf Classic, Bonds told reporters he expects to become baseball's career home run leader this season.
    "I'm sure I'm going to break the record this year," said the San Francisco left fielder, who needs 22 homers to surpass Hank Aaron's mark of 755. "But right now I'm just thinking about golf."
    Bonds declined to discuss negotiations with the Giants over his contract, or his reported positive test for amphetamines last year.
    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

YeLLowBoaT
    love him or hate him.. he will be the only 500 hr 500 stolen base player in history... no one else is even close to being on tract to match it with current players. I'm personally not a fan of his, but until he is convicted or suspended by MLB. I will not condem him for using "roids" or "cheating".

Hustler
    F the Giants:yuk:
    I had to be the first to say it Tom

h2oski2fast
    Hey Tom, what happened, you're just a hater nowadays?

nodigg
    Drugs gave him the records therefore he did not accomplish anything credited to him.

HavasuSelect
    love him or hate him.. he will be the only 500 hr 500 stolen base player in history... no one else is even close to being on tract to match it with current players. I'm personally not a fan of his, but until he is convicted or suspended by MLB. I will not condem him for using "roids" or "cheating".
    The 500/500 club is a tremendous feat, but I will never give Bonds credit for the home runs. If he would have stayed clean he prob would have still got to that record. But there is no possible way not to condemn him after all the shit he's pulled.
    I think you meant
    F THE GIANTS
    Drugs gave him the records therefore he did not accomplish anything credited to him.
    Well said.

DILLIGAF
    Hey Tom, what happened, you're just a hater nowadays?
    I am a Giants fan..not a hater. Barry Bonds has just pushed, pushed and pushed until enough is enough.
    Hope things are well.....

DILLIGAF
    Out of the blue....and shit. Pun intended there Mr Hustler...lol

Flyinbowtie
    As a fan of baseball in general, it saddens me to think of all the controversy this man is bringing to the game. Whether or not he is ever "convicted" by MLB, any record the man might set is always going to tainted by the questions we all have.
    The ultimate responsibility for this lies with MLB, for letting the performance enhancement crap get so out of hand; hell CONGRESS got involved, and when the feds step into something, it is screwed up.
    It sucks, no matter how you look at it.

acatitude
    you know im not a giants or a barry fan, but I wonder how many pitchers were on roids that he hit them homers against????? That would kinda even things up, and he did win a few or more mvp's before the roids. Like I said im no fan of his but he is about the best all round baseball player ive seen in quit a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast