Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prop Slip

CHAD1
    what is the best prop slip numbers you are getting? set up etc.

TUNNEL T
    what size boat and drive are you running ,10% is a good # on most anything but small little outboards i've seen #'s in the 6% range which is flat ass bitchen !!!TUNNEL T

CHAD1
    25 And 26 Foot Center Pod Boats.
    SINGLE ENGINE

ToMorrow44
    With sterndrive boats, you want to be in the 11-14% range. Anything lower and you can start breaking stuff because it actually has too much grip. Cats are a little better and can probably run at 10%.

F26
    slip will be much better with the new race interior and no back seat

CHAD1
    slip will be much better with the new race interior and no back seat
    LOL.
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEE 10%.
    IS ANYBODY SEEING 10% WITH A SINGLE AND CENTERPOD.

John.
    I'm almost at 18%. we're going to change the gears and maybe another prop. should be able to see some more speed along with a lower prop slip.

h2oski2fast
    With sterndrive boats, you want to be in the 11-14% range. Anything lower and you can start breaking stuff because it actually has too much grip. Cats are a little better and can probably run at 10%.
    If you think this correct, then obviously you don't understand what slip is. If it work how you mentioned, wouldn't 30% be better then 11%-14%? Why would you ever run a bigger prop, wouldn't that put more strain and therefore start breaking stuff. This is why HB makes me laugh, people posting information like this.

ToMorrow44
    If you think this correct, then obviously you don't understand what slip is. If it work how you mentioned, wouldn't 30% be better then 11%-14%? Why would you ever run a bigger prop, wouldn't that put more strain and therefore start breaking stuff. This is why HB makes me laugh, people posting information like this.
    Actually yeah 30% would be better on the drivetrain than 11% but the boat wouldn't go anywhere. Just if the boat leaves the water and re-enters under any power with a low slip like 10 or lower it's very hard on the gears. You don't have to take my word for it, I don't mind, but there are credentials to back up my knowledge or lack of knowledge as you might think of it.

CHAD1
    more horsepower alone is not always the best answer for more speed. SETUP....
    this boat was at 18%. added 1/2 drive spacer and got it to 13%. i want to
    try a 5 blade cnc prop.
    alot of the new cat boats are running less than 10% slip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast