Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: big brother?

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yup, a true conspiracy theory, which must be why Flying J is currently under investigation for "questionable practices" regarding tax reporting on their fuel sales. Also, why is it that Flying J refuses to turn on the temperature/volume compensators in their fuel pumps??? Hmmmmm...must be a coincidence? Just because you don't think it can't happen doesn't make it a "conspiracy".
    Wasn't it suficiently explained to ya then that motor fuels have less than a 2% expansion from heating, which is the first hole that was shot in your own thread about 10-15% fuel expansion from heating? Pump compensators would only alter the 1.5 to 2% actual heat-related expansion since that is all the fuel CAN expand. That is only 1/10 of the eroneous expansion figure you claimed, so it is/was/shal remain pointless. The refusal to use them for that 1.5% correction is an entirely seperate matter, if it is actually true. That is also entirely seperate from possible tax-misfilings/misreportings/mispayings. I have not searched that story out, but THAT one is within the realm of possibility, and should be easily provable, care to?
    The ONLY webwide reference to your story of heating was a site belonging to a trucker in an assault & battery lawsuit with Flying J, no legal agencies, no news stories, no NOTHING, the 2nd hole blown in the story.
    When something outlandish is claimed, with nothing to back it up, and is beyond the realm of being provable, it is a crazed conspiracy theory, till you can prove it contrary to all the valid and understood proof used to disprove it.

Blown 472
    When something outlandish is claimed, with nothing to back it up, and is beyond the realm of being provable, it is a crazed conspiracy theory, till you can prove it contrary to all the valid and understood proof used to disprove it.
    Sorta like wmd's????

Seadog
    And yet, you have have WMDs logic explained to you and you do not accept the facts. So you are about fiction and logic/science/physics be damned? Would you be interested in learning about a secret British force that was authorized to use chemical warfare and make suicidal attacks without needing permission from their government? That was trained to operate independant of higher control and with the ability to wipe out large groups of tourists? And this is a true fact.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Seadog, I don't recall that group being in the news, so it MUST be true.

Seadog
    Lets hear what blowed has to say and then I might tell you the story. If not, you can get it at the next Texoma trip.
    I was watching a cell phone commercial just now. It got me to thinking about what it would be like if big brother was listening to all our conversations. Can you imagine listening to all the teenagers in the world. It would even drive a super computer insane.

havasu5150
    Blown.....put the pipe down :messedup:

Boatcop
    *black helicopter alert*
    wow.. this guy really has it together
    hey boatcop, are you a part of the 'police state'?
    No. I'm not that important yet. I'm only a part of the "Police County" for now.
    The No-Fly List thing really amuses me. The last time I flew was a few years ago. We had to go to Seattle when my wife's father was dying. Purchased last minute tickets. Ontario to LAX to Seattle and back the same way.
    Was singled out, searched on each boarding, both ways. Now there I was. Active Commissioned Peace Officer. Reserve US Military. Wife is a Federal Employee. Think that made any difference? Nope. The people doing the searching looked like they couldn't clear a background check as a Scout leader, much less the first line of defense against terrorists on our commercial aircraft.
    However the flight crew made sure they informed the Captain that a Cop was on board, and what seat. Just in case.

SmokinLowriderSS
    You were probably just being checked out for "potential upgrade fitness" by The Police State. You might just get an "offer ya can't refuse" one of these months. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Seadog
    I guess blowed is not going to reply. The unit was a secret part of the Home Guard that was formed after the disaster at Dunkirk. The British had saved their troops, but had lost almost all of their weaponry. Country people, with reasons not to be in the military, were recruited and trained in guerilla warfare. If the country was invaded, they were to go into hidding and create havoc behind the lines. One of the members was the brother of Ian Fleming, there was a folm actor, a one armed man with a longer pedigree than his employer, the duke of Northumberland. He had a hook mounted on his belt to pull the pins on hangrenades and was an expert marksman.
    It is estimated that around 5,000 served in the units. They were put in small groups of that had no connections with any other groups. Numerous mines, smuggler tunnels, ancient ruins and bunkers were adapted and hidden for their use. They were trained by experts in covert ways to kill and terrorize the enemy, including making mustard gas and other home brews. They only had supplies for a few weeks, but they considered their task as suicidal in nature.
    Afte disbanding in 1944, they were told that their service would not be forgotten, but they were bound by the official secrets act. Unfortunaately, most of the had not been officially enrolled in the Home Guard in the haste to maintain the secrecy. It was not until around 1994, that the unit was officially recognized, issued medals and allowed pensions.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Is too bad you know over the 50 years a lot of members never got the thanks they deserved for answering the call before they died. So often in an emergency, so many things slip thru cracks. Cool story Seadog, Thx. :boxed:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123