Thread: Gale Banks

InKahntrol
    Just picked up a new client at work... Gale Banks Engineering. I've got to say, he totally surprised me. I wasn't sure what to expect before meeting him, but it turns out he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Really down to earth, and SUPER HARDCORE when it comes to boats and trucks. Great stories too. He has a pretty interesting take on the Don Aronow situation. He even has a few of the old twin turbo marine BBCs in his shop for memories sake. When I told him I had one in my boat he got pretty excited.
    Anyway, not sure if any of you know this, but I was walking through the engine shop and found out they started making twin turbo motors again, but SBC not BBC. How cool would a pair of these things be in a lightweight cat?!?!
    Twin Turbo Motors (http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-products.cfm)
    -Dan

coolchange
    Friend of mine works there in R&D. He went for a ride in a street car with that motor in it. Said it ws probably the scariest ride he ever had. Have you seen the Banks Dodge diesel road race truck? That thing is CRAZY! I think a couple of those in a cat would be killer!

DaveA
    Great stories too. He has a pretty interesting take on the Don Aronow situation.
    -Dan
    Really? Cool. I'd love to hear the story. Aronow fascinates me.

78hallett-ss
    does he have any larger intercoolers! have his old kit on my hallet and want the big intercooler...