Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barrett-Jackson Auction, I'm dumbfounded!!

Not So Fast
    I've been watching a little of this and I have to say I cannot believe these prices. Granted I'm just a retired Operating Engineer and thought I did OK or at least made a decent living but these guys are dropping some serious dough. How many people can keep buying these cars at these prices. There are some real beauties though. Fun to watch and pretend. NSF

Not So Fast
    WOW a 68 Shelby GT500 conv. just went for $170,000!!!!!!! NSF

RitcheyRch
    Sure have been some nice cars going across the block. Seen way too many cars that I wouldnt mind having if the checkbook could afford it.

Not So Fast
    Sure have been some nice cars going across the block. Seen way too many cars that I wouldnt mind having if the checkbook could afford it.
    It seems like the same guys keep bidding, Guess they are the reps or are they the real bidders?? NSF

HCS
    It's phoney.
    I hate it! I'm at work and can't see it. I'll get to watch it when I get home tonight.

FlatStupid
    It seems like the same guys keep bidding, Guess they are the reps or are they the real bidders?? NSF Combination of collectors, individuals, museum reps, etc. Buddy of mine collects vettes and camaros he is on there quite a bit! He even sells a few that he has picked up there if they were "good deals"

Moneypitt
    It seems like the same guys keep bidding, Guess they are the reps or are they the real bidders?? NSF
    They could be "buyers" reps, but could also be SHILLS, jack it up types employed by BJ..........8% from sellers AND 8% from buyers, thats 16 fn'ing percent of sale prices..........Remember 4.2 mil for a GM bus!.....MP

cola
    They could be "buyers" reps, but could also be SHILLS, jack it up types employed by BJ..........8% from sellers AND 8% from buyers, thats 16 fn'ing percent of sale prices..........Remember 4.2 mil for a GM bus!.....MP
    8% that is so last year. It's 10% now.:sqeyes:

I've been watching a little of this and I have to say I cannot believe these prices. Granted I'm just a retired Operating Engineer and thought I did OK or at least made a decent living but these guys are dropping some serious dough. How many people can keep buying these cars at these prices. There are some real beauties though. Fun to watch and pretend. NSF
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about $500,000 dollar homes!

Trailer Park Casanova
    Their are more people out there with money to burn than you can imagine
    Check out all the private jets along Int Blvd at LAX.
    These owners own SEVERAL private jets.
    They rarely get flown by the owners,, just maint,, the minimum time put on the aircraft to be FAA compliant,, and they sit there in the salt air and rot.
    My wife comes from a super wealthy family and money problems have never crossed her mind, she has no perception what-so-ever of a cash flow issue. Money is of no concern at all.
    The Forbes 400 is a joke.
    The US is full of tons of people with money beyond your wildest comprehension.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast