Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Hawaiian Part II

LynnsJet
    It's going to be a nice weekend. Get to it. We want to see some progress. Documented progress.
    I have a busy weekend planned:
    ----I have a grease spot on my steering wheel to clean
    ----Have to look on the internet for a trailer hub cap
    ----Call Mike T and find out when he wants me to meet him at Pomonkey
    ----Enjoy the weather
    That is about all I have planned
    L J

DelawareDave
    It's going to be a nice weekend. Get to it. We want to see some progress. Documented progress.
    I have a busy weekend planned:
    ----I have a grease spot on my steering wheel to clean
    ----Have to look on the internet for a trailer hub cap
    ----Call Mike T and find out when he wants me to meet him at Pomonkey
    ----Enjoy the weather
    That is about all I have planned
    L J
    :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

DelawareDave
    Got the floor cut, and the area cleaned up. I have the new centerboard cut, but have to glue it together and shape it before I can install it. After that is in, it's time for the floor to go in permanently.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...3062Floor4.JPG

LynnsJet
    Good going, Keep up the good work. We will be watching your progress.
    I got the grease spot claned off the steering wheel and I polished the left side of the blower. I didn't find the hubcap yet.
    Life is tough. LOL

BigBlockBaja
    DD,
    What are you going to put under the floor?
    Looking good so far...

DelawareDave
    DD,
    What are you going to put under the floor?
    There is a 10 foot board, similar to a stringer, that runs down the keel. It helps to stiffen the hull, and also is supposed to support the floor. I got 8 ply 3/4" exterior plywood, rather than the standard 5 ply board. Better quality, and stronger.
    I plan on mixing epoxy and saw dust into a paste to bond in the keel board. It has been recommended to me to use 3M 5200 to bond around the edges of the floor, and to the keel board.
    Of course, I am going to add some "secret compartments" for any contraband I may need!

LynnsJet
    You just told millions of possible spies and government informers on the internet that you are putting secret compartnments in your boat for hauling contraband. You will have them all thinking that your building a drug runner before this is all over.
    That's OK, it will give us something to do next winter and someone to talk about. Yea, we can go visit you in jail. LOL
    L J

DelawareDave
    I finally got back to my project. The weather has really put a cramp on my time frame. This weekend has been pretty nice. I got the old transom and stringers out, and most of the grinding done. I still have some more to do. The transom is cracked between the arrows, which means I have a little more glass work to do. There were also some real amateur repairs done to this boat, which all had to come out and get ground down. I am going to fill in the strakes with 1/4 round, glass over, and then add another layer of 32 oz biaxial stitch on the entire rear 4 feet or so, before I put the stringers back in. I also need to build up the inside of the transom shell area when I add the transom wood back in. I am going to cut the new stringers today, so most everything will be ready to go back in, once the weather makes up it's mind to give me some warm temps without any rain.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...3062Hull12.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...3062Hull15.JPG

snake321
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...775/day3-2.jpg
    I'm cutting out my stringers today for replacement. I've never done it and I'm gonna pay close attention to your project

DelawareDave
    First step I did was to measure everything, so I wouldn't have to rely on memory. I salvaged what I could to use as templates to make new pieces. I am using epoxy resin to put it back together. It is a bit more $$$, but after removing secondary bonded layers, that were done with polyester resin, I feel it will be worth it.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast