Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blower on "Pleasure Boat"

TIMINATOR
    You can take your info from someone who has done one or two installs and has gotten lucky,or doesn't have the experience to know what to expect, or from the peeps that do it for a living, and have for over 30 years, not just me. There is a lot of experience here, it is up to you to figure out who has the most of what you need. The most important thing that you need to remember is that if the"cheap way" fails, only YOU will be paying to redo it. You will hear a lot of "gee mine didn't do that", but no offers of financial aid. People in the business have a reputation to protect, and want happy customers. The most important info you need here is: "get by with, and blower" should never be used in the same sentence. Call me and I will explain cams,theory, and a bit of knowlege, etc. TIMINATOR

ghittner
    If you are not going to build it yourself, listen to the the builder, do what he says exactly and then if things go awry you will have a leg to stand on when it's warranty time (hopefully not). Just be aware in this business of the many out there trying to oversell you and that think that there are unlimited funds from the boating customer. AND....Many are not. Also many that claim they can do the job for you who are not experienced or qualified enough. Go to a shop that you know, or that more than one person has recommended for the type of HIPO install and tuning you are looking for. You are looking for turnkey reliability above all. Find one that has a good reputation and is NEAR YOU. Talk with the customers (not just one) that have had your particular mods done, a good shop will provide plenty of those names for you. Some of them should have had some type of issue that has been resolved, not all jobs are in Cherry Land so don't let them tell you they have never had a problem or a comeback, that's B.S. Mainly, learn from the builder so that you can attain the knowledge you need to hear or spot a problem or better yet, next time, do it yourself. Timinator has given lots of good advice here in the past to me and others and has been free with it, he is a good source. There is more than one way to build a particular set up, and more than one opinion, thank God, I've changed my builds more than once with some good advice. I choose the simplest way that insures 1) The most reliability. 2) Easiest and most common parts to replace for the least cost to acheive the results desired. 3) The simplest way to get there. 4) The lesser number of oddball parts you add to a system the better. The less parts in total for something to go wrong with, for sure the better.

VDRIVERACING
    The most important info you need here is: "get by with, and blower" should never be used in the same sentence. Call me and I will explain cams,theory, and a bit of knowlege, etc. TIMINATOR
    You nailed it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123