Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CHP Air Tickets

Waist Deep
    Anyone ever get one? Got one doing 87 on the way to Vegas. Cop came up said he was not issuing one, but the guy in the air was. That damn plane was so high, we could hardly see it as it passed us.
    Evidentaly, the pilot didnt care about the cars passing by us.

lucky
    Anyone ever get one? Got one doing 87 on the way to Vegas. Cop came up said he was not issuing one, but the guy in the air was. That damn plane was so high, we could hardly see it as it passed us.
    ask to see the vid. lmao -

Wet Dream
    I got 2 of them in my life. One was for 65 in a 55, and the other was 109 in a 65. Paid the 65, that was $110, got a lawyer for $1000 on the 109, went to court, reduced to 79 (14 over) 3 points and the fine was $80.
    (Yeah, people will bash me for the 109, but in my defense, there wasn't anyone around, no traffic, 11:00am, interstate, flat, sunny, completely blocked from opposing traffic. Only threat was to myself.)

Trailer Park Casanova
    Ya look up outta your side window at about a 45 degree angle, about a mile + out on the I 15.
    They time you from point to point, so anyone going faster is ignored because YOU are the subject at the moment they start the count.
    Unless the person passing you is going superfast & reckless.

Waist Deep
    Don't know if it matters, but I just pulled it up that Airplane Surveillance Tickets in California are illegal as per vehicle code 40801 as defined in the speedtrap law.
    The writing officer or issuer must follow you at the rate of speed for which the ticket is being issued for.
    This didn't happen.

Liquid Courage
    Don't know if it matters, but I just pulled it up that Airplane Surveillance Tickets in California are illegal as per vehicle code 40801 as defined in the speedtrap law.
    The writing officer or issuer must follow you at the rate of speed for which the ticket is being issued for.
    This didn't happen.
    Not exactly. They are confirming their visual estimation of you and their paced air speed to the timer. If it was only the timer used to provide the speed information then it would fall under a speed trap. Kind've like you can't use radar/laser with out visual estimation included (i.e. can't just point and shoot).

77charger
    Fight it if the cop who wrote the ticket comes in you're in luck if the pilot does beg for traffic school.
    Someone i use to ride streetbikes with years ago got one this is how he beat it.Started asking alot of ?s on how the chp observed him,what speed did he observe him,etc,etc. Point was he didnt witness any thing only going by what he was told by pilot.

Liquid Courage
    Fight it if the cop who wrote the ticket comes in you're in luck if the pilot does beg for traffic school.
    Someone i use to ride streetbikes with years ago got one this is how he beat it.Started asking alot of ?s on how the chp observed him,what speed did he observe him,etc,etc. Point was he didnt witness any thing only going by what he was told by pilot.
    Both pilot and ground officer need to be present to win in court.

77charger
    Both pilot and ground officer need to be present to win in court.
    Should have said in above that the ground cop who wrote the ticket was the only one to show without a pilot the ground cop didnt have awing to stand on. That is why it got tossed

MudPumper
    Waaaaaaahhhhh. :cry: I got a ticket. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. :cry: How do I get out of it? Waaaaaaaahhhhh. :cry:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast