Thread: powder coat zoomies?

FlatRat
    What's the deal,does powder coating hold up?Or am I better off to ceramic coat them?Cost effective?...V-drives...cost effective..yea right.Where in the great Northwest is this possible? ...Yea the great Northwest where it's snowin and frickin below 0 for way too long...thanks

dossangers
    Ceramic only on zommies i had mine double dipped burned the 1 st coat off!

boatguy222
    Tim,
    Talk to these guys http://www.finishlinecoatings.com/ I have used them, and they are in part of the Northwest that isn't freezing today

Bobbo541
    a guy in washington bought a motor from me that ahd zummies on it and he had them powdercoated gloss black but i have not seen or heard how they look. He said it was something new, if i here from him i will let you know.

SANGER-RICH
    a guy in washington bought a motor from me that ahd zummies on it and he had them powdercoated gloss black but i have not seen or heard how they look. He said it was something new, if i here from him i will let you know.
    They also do a black cerimac coating that looks cool

Bobbo541
    I would like to see that.

sanger ss396
    i ask a local powder coater and he said that it would not hold up the heat it would melt off. "powder coating looks great and is tough but does not like it really hot" to quote him.

72 superlite
    There is a place in Auburn, Wa. that does ceramic coating. I talked to them a couple of years ago, and a set of Bassetts would be around 300 bucks to do. ( regular headers, not zoomies). Called Performance Coatings , 253-735-1919 or performancecoatings.com. Good luck and let us know what you do.
    Rick

HONDOG
    Last year I talked to Jim at Rewarder about doing my Zoomies. He said about $175.

FlatRat
    Thanks for the info...powder coating out ...ceramic in