Thread: Transom Housing has to go!

DelawareDave
    I pulled the bowl off of my pump yesterday. There is a fiberglass extended transom housing that was on there. What a POS! I got to put something else on there. The pump cleanout is right in the transom, and there is no way to pull the hand hole cover, short of pulling the pump. The hole in the transom is big enough to install the pump, and thats it. I don't want to make it bigger either, or relocate the pump. I guess it's time to make a plate.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I pulled the bowl off of my pump yesterday. There is a fiberglass extended transom housing that was on there. What a POS! I got to put something else on there. The pump cleanout is right in the transom, and there is no way to pull the hand hole cover, short of pulling the pump. The hole in the transom is big enough to install the pump, and thats it. I don't want to make it bigger either, or relocate the pump. I guess it's time to make a plate.
    Dave, refer to my thread named "transome plates". There is killer info in there. Since we have the same hulls, I can take a pic of mine.

DelawareDave
    I've been waiting to see some pics of yours anyway. But all ideas welcomed. I did look at your thread, too.

DelawareDave
    I didn't need to see that! :yuk:

HammerDown
    I didn't need to see that! :yuk:
    And we WON'T !