Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trojan L-16h batteries

victorfb
    anyone have a good hook-up on trojan L-16H batteries in so cal? redoing a complete system on the 5th wheel with solar panals and all the shazizle but i need to build a solid battery bank. 2 for now, 2 more later. thanks.

rrrr
    Hey Victor, hope you and Toni are doing well.......
    Batteries Plus has 'em, the price is within a few bucks of everyone else.
    Plus they're close to the shop.

victorfb
    hey thanks. toni and i happened to have gotten married last september at the sand bar and we are doing awsome thanks.
    i checked the batteries plus web site and couldnt find anything on trojan batteries. what kind of pricing did you see?

LUVNLIFE
    I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Why did you pick that trojan. I guess if you have the room it is all the better. People have told me to go with the 6v 105. I'm just trying to pick the right or best battery. Thanks.

victorfb
    i have used the T-105s and they work great. in a nut shell, the reason i am going with the L-16s is that they are basically 2 T-105s together. the 105s advertised life expectancy is 3-5 years. the L-16 advertised life expectancy is 8-10 years. so its either 4 T-105s, or 2 L-16s that will live twice as long. plus i keep two batteries filled instead of 4. the larger capacity of the L-16s is what gives it its longer life.
    i do have the room for the batteries in the front compartment of a wildwood 38' toy hauller 5th wheel, just next to the generater compartment. i tow it with a 2004 F550 so i am not worried about the added tongue weight, nor the total weight. having the 2 L-16s will leave me room for upgrades (adding 2 more). you cannot add L-16s to T-105s.
    all the solar equiptment is a gift from my mother in law. my father in law passed away last year and this was on his rig. the batteries were old, and i feel dad would be proud to see me build a bad ars system for our rig. so im looking for the best. i have an 80amp controler/charger so the generater run time will help charge the batteries while camping and hooked to shore power. the solar panals will do thier job during the day. and the duell alternaters on the F550 will help keep them charged during transport. a 1000watt xantrex inverter will run the video eguiptment (tv,dvd, ect.) and a 800 watt off brand will be for misc. items. im hoping the generater run times will decrease significantly. and also allow us to enjoy a night time movie without running the generater.

DMOORE
    Just a thought. My coach has 4 batteries for the house, 2 for the engine. For the house batteries I use the 6 volt golf cart batteries from Costco. Only about $50 each. They will last you 5 years, or longer.
    Darrell.

victorfb
    ive heard a few people useing the costco 6 volts aswell. i would need 4 of those compared to the 2 L-16s. if i wanted to add more i would have to stack them and that would make it difficult to maintain. (add water). the L-16s take basically the same floor space as the T-105s, just twice as tall. hence the room for expansion.
    from what ive heard, the costco batteries are ok, but do not maintain the same cycling as the T-105s. not knocking the costco batteries at all. just looking for the best. like in most cases, you get what you pay for. all the equiptment was a gift so i dont mind spending a little more on good batteries. but i really do appreciate the input. that why i posted. and be sure, i will still look into what costco has to offer. so thanks again.

toni and i happened to have gotten married last september at the sand bar and we are doing awsome thanks.
    No shit? I didn't know that. Congrats to both of you. Maybe we can hook up and go out to dinner or something in celebration of the fact.
    Man, I'm outa the loop.

victorfb
    hey thanks rich. yep we did it and did it in style.lol
    ill talk to toni tonight and we will all definatly get together real soon. thanks again.

LUVNLIFE
    I have the heigth room for the L-16hs. Actually if they are the same footprint as the 105s I have room for four. You said two L-16h are the same as four 105s? How much do they get for the L-16h?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast