Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tiki / Hawaiian Connection?

Cas
    Did Spectra have any of these rumors. I may have to rip my floor up now to see what is under there.
    I heard their boats were the best for concealing lots of stuff. I heard once that someone hid $88,000.00 in a brownish Spectra....somewhere in the floor, possibly in a "fake" stringer.

I'll let ya'll know if I find anything under mine when I tear the floor up
    Naw, don't get your hopes up. We just had the crooks at Hawaiian, no drugies. lol
    That's another story altogether...................

Heatseeker
    Naw, don't get your hopes up. We just had the crooks at Hawaiian, no drugies. lol
    That's another story altogether...................
    Doesn't one of those stories end with a stiff on the roadside between L.A.and Vegas?

Doesn't one of those stories end with a stiff on the roadside between L.A.and Vegas?
    lol. could be.
    I'm not getting caught up in that one again. last time I did and expressed my opinion about a certain builders boats, and their lack of anything close to quality, I caught flack from his loyal followers. Still get flack as a matter of fact. :cry:

Ralph Brunt
    no problem EL wish i could help more but its my first boat hell i dont even know what model it is other than mini day cruiser i'm learning too ralph

Heatseeker
    lol. could be.
    I'm not getting caught up in that one again. last time I did and expressed my opinion about a certain builders boats, and their lack of anything close to quality, I caught flack from his loyal followers. Still get flack as a matter of fact. :cry:
    I remember that. I was hoping to save it to the hard drive this time. :mix:

Cas
    Still get flack as a matter of fact. :cry:
    at every chance I get! Oh wait, can't be me, I'm not a loyal follower but I do love this Roger's bottom

Cheyenne372
    el prosecutor,
    bn is right. The biz was/is full of shady guys.
    Some went to prison.
    Some should have gone to prison.
    Some were building boats (VERY popular boats) that were a front for dealing coke.
    Some guys were shipping coke laminated in the sub floors of their boats.
    Some had contracts taken on their life.
    Some should have never been allowed to touch a boat.
    The list is long and colorful to say the least.
    And some were the salt of the earth, simply the best guys on the planet to work for. I got lucky once or twice with these guys too, along with plenty of the others.
    Hey Old Rigger:
    I know what you mean about "Some went to prison"...! The Hawaiian that we have was bought through one of the guys that went to prison....something about selling paper...! To this day, we aren't sure whether or not we really have a good title to that boat!
    We've got one of the 21' daycruisers. Yellow with the woodgrain on the side. First saw it on display at the last Austin Aqua Festival and my dad had to have it!

El Prosecutor
    I was replacing a steering cable today and noticed a sticker on the starboard fuel tank that reads "Underwood Marine Products, Stanton, CA" "Part no. Tiki Mini Cruiser" "Mfd. 6-17-75"
    Guess my Hawaiian really is a Tiki. Hope the title is good; I am getting attached to this thing. I even like the way she smells.

Big Kahunaa
    Old Rigger you going to be at fc5 i would like to here the hawian story with no holes in it i have a 77 and i would just like to know the history on the boat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast