Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod Shuffle

JAY4SPEED
    I'm getting ready to get a newer mp3 player than the one I've been using for a while now. I haven't messed with the iPods very much so I don't know a whole lot about them. I'm torn between the iPod Nano and the iPod Shuffle. I like the size of the Shuffle and can live with the small storage capacity but would like to do podcasts too. Does the iPod Shuffle do podcasts? Any opinions about either unit?
    Jay

Trailer Park Casanova
    Kids say get as much space as you can afford.
    They have already figured out how to download movies on them and play them on the big screen.
    BTW:
    How did the National D day Museum survive Katrina?
    No mention on their website.
    Thanks.

axkiker
    I had the shuffle and hated it. There is no screen to tell you what song # etc that you are on. So if your looking for a particular song your sol.

dirtman
    If you're not familiar with ipod stuff, the nano is just as easy to sync and operate as the shuffle. IMO you'd be happier with the nano or bigger. I've got an old 6 gig mini and a 30 gig video model and prefer the mini in the boat for tunes. Hardly use the video one.

BarryMac
    I have a 2 Gig Nano and just bought the wife a 30 Gig video for her Birthday, the 2 gig is perfect for the gym, we will load all of our songs on the 30 gig for the boat, they're great, like others suggetsed, buy as big as you can afford, you wont regret it...

Debbolas
    am I the only one thinking of the Bears Superbow Shuffle

BarryMac
    am I the only one thinking of the Bears Superbow Shuffle
    Blonde??? YEAP...

sigepmock
    We have both the shuffle and the Nano. The shuffle is just a plug and play little unit with no screen. It is tough as hell and can take a beating....that's the one we use in the rhino.....just hit play and go.....
    The nano is the one we use in the boat ...holds a bunch more songs....you can shuffle through playlists...by artist...by album.....etc....It's really the way to go if you want the "features" of an iPod. The shuffle is just more of a USB memory stick.
    Good luck,
    Chris

Seadog
    The shuffle is like a good radio station with no ads. It plays your favorite songs, but you do not know the order they come. It is great for what it is, a source of good music. If you want to go with a playlist, you need the Nano. The shuffle will do podcasts, but it would be hard to have music on with it and have the podcast come up on request.

JAY4SPEED
    Great info thanks! I'm leaning towards the Nano, may get a shuffle later on down the road for when I'm out on the mountain bike.
    Can either the Shuffle or Nano also recieve FM broadcasts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast