Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This state (CA) is out of control

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Anyone ever swatted his/her child on the rump or smacked the hand? If this San Fransisco Victemcrat gets her way, you could go to jail. And then in 20 years, they will wonder why the youth are so out of control. I can't remember the last time I spanked my children, but I know I did. Especially with my strong-willed daughter. The little one practically punished himself. LOL My M.O. was I would say "No" once. The second time, they would get a smack on the hand. Pretty soon, "No" was enough and it still is.
    What is your take on it? Spanking that is, and I don't mean with a belt or a switch. Just a bare hand on the backside. Seems like I only had to do it a couple of times, then the fear of it was enough to deter any unwanted behavior.
    And furthermore, do you think a law will help deter child abuse?
    California lawmaker proposes no-spanking law Fri Jan 19, 3:20 PM ET
    LOS ANGELES (AFP) - A California lawmaker says she has proposed a law that would make spanking a small child a crime to be punished by jail time or a fine.
    The bill, backed by Democrat Sally Lieber of San Francisco, a member of the state legislature, would outlaw spanking children three years old or younger and carry a possible penalty of jail time or a 1,000-dollar fine.
    "I think it's pretty hard to argue you need to beat a child three years old or younger," said Lieber, who plans to introduce the bill next week.
    The bill, which was still being drafted, would make the crime a misdemeanor and be written to ban "any striking of a child, any corporal punishment, smacking, hitting, punching, any of that," Lieber said.
    The bill will likely pit those who advocate protecting children at all costs against lawmakers wary of government intervention creating a possible meddlesome "nanny state."
    "Where do you stop?" said Republican Chuck Devore. "At what point are we going to say we should pass a bill that every parent has to read a minimum of 30 minutes every night to their child? This is right along those same lines."
    California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has the authority to veto the bill if it is adopted, has so far avoided endorsing or rejecting the idea.
    In an interview with the San Jose Mercury News, which first reported the proposal this week, the film-star-turned-politician said he was "smacked about everything" during his childhood in Austria.
    "That was the way Austria worked," he told the newspaper. "You know, I think it maybe had something to do with after the war. People were maybe more angry and more frustrated, you know, having lost the war or whatever else."
    The governor said he understood the desire to "get rid of the physical, the brutal behavior that some parents have."
    And he added that he and his wife, Maria Shriver, have never hit their four children. "Absolutely not," he said.

RitcheyRch
    Gov't getting too darn involved in our daily lives.

OKIE-JET
    Maybe its why Arnie grew up to be Governor and not a piece of shit.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Three of our kids are naturals,, they behave.
    The fourth could have used some painfull help, strong will beyond anything I've ever seen ,, but jail today is more than just time behind bars,,, it's a pretty bad place for a parent to end up straightning out their kids.
    So now he has to learn the hardway.
    -------------------------------
    Nope, we never hit the kids. But one of them I should'a, I really should have risked jail and staightened him out early, not let things get started.
    Too late now.

Ziggy
    The politics of this state and others are the reason for the degradation of our youth. Damn kids believe they have every right to do as they please, funded by the parents of course.
    I cringe at the prospect of the future society in this great land of ours.
    As a young child I respectfully feared the adults in my life, which is how it should be. Teachers had control of their classes by just reaching for the paddle. Today the kids mock it and hope the teach does something so they can sue..............
    Its gone WAY to far. STOP controlling our personal lives.:devil:
    No offense Angie, but without having read the Bill I just knew it had to have been authored by a woman.

Three of our kids are naturals,, they behave.
    The fourth could have used some painfull help, strong will beyond anything I've ever seen ,, but jail today is more than just time behind bars,,, it's a pretty bad place.
    So now he has to learn the hardway.
    -------------------------------
    Nope, we never hit the kids. But one of them I shoulda, I really should have risked jail and staightened him out early.
    Too late now.
    what ever happened to your daughter tpc,she seemed to be in your posts all the time?did she ever live in parker?or head off to school?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    The politics of this state and others are the reason for the degradation of our youth. Damn kids believe they have every right to do as they please, funded by the parents of course.
    I cringe at the prospect of the future society in this great land of ours.
    As a young child I respectfully feared the adults in my life, which is how it should be. Teachers had control of their classes by just reaching for the paddle. Today the kids mock it and hope the teach does something so they can sue..............
    Its gone WAY to far. STOP controlling our personal lives.:devil:
    No offense Angie, but without having read the Bill I just knew it had to have been authored by a woman.
    No offense taken. It's too bad that most of the women in office are democraps. We need some good republican women in office. There are a few, but not enough. Things like this just make me want to throw up my hands and move to another country. Jefferson and Adams are rolling in their graves. This is NOT what they had in mind.

Trailer Park Casanova
    what ever happened to your daughter tpc,she seemed to be in your posts all the time?did she ever live in parker?or head off to school?
    She's off to school, works for the studios in wardrobe creation, living with her B/F,, occasionally makes a family appearance.
    Thanks for asking.
    Raising a 6 year old of my new wife.
    He's a good, really fun kid. The thought of loosing fun trips to the river or dunes keeps him in line.
    Following through with penalties when they act up is the key.

Jetaholic
    I don't think it's so much the government as it is the parents that focked it up for us.
    Originally spanking was just a way for us to get our kids attention and let them know "Hey, I'm not fockin' around" when nothing else seemed to work. Unfortunately, some parents react out of pure anger and have the intent of inflicting as much pain as they can to relieve their anger, thereby making their kids a "punching bag" of sorts used to relieve the stress of the parent.
    If spanking is used properly I'm all for it. It's when it's abused then it becomes an issue.
    But just goes to show...there's always a few idiots that gotta fock it up for the rest of us...

uselessgrant
    All The Libs Need To Go Back To The Hole They Crawled Out Of And Leave Us Normal People Alone.. Whoop That Ass If Ya Gotta!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast