Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a V-drive motor VS setting up a Jetboat motor

K3-River-Rat
    Hey all you "die hard" performance inthusiasts & racers out there,I "finally" had the opportunity to get the V-drive I have been wanting to get my hands on since 1985 which I purchased "without" a motor! I set the motor up "half ass" similar to what I have run in my jetboats and learned "quickly" I had to have a LOT more torque & a little "less" rpm for these V-drives! eek! Since I'm currently freezing my ass of in the midwest and have till around April or May to get a "GOOD" strong motor built for this Sanger I'm "asking" all you experienced V-drive racers/owners to give me some of your expert advice as to "HOW" you think I should set this boat up?? ANY and ALL suggestions will be "greatly" appreciated!! Thanks wink

theman
    WHAT KIND OF BOAT IS IT

K3-River-Rat
    The boat is a 1985 Sanger 19'Family Ski model.Here's a "better" idea!! [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-011F1.JPG[/img]

K3-River-Rat
    I'll tell you what,even though I couldn't get the motor to spin at a high rpm she's pretty damn fast!!

theman
    NEED MORE INFO WHAT RPM IS THE ENG SEEING WHAT GEAR IS IN IT WHAT PROP YOU HAVE ON HER IS THERE A TRANS IN IT?HOW BIG IS THE ENG IN IT,IN WHAT CAM U GOT

K3-River-Rat
    OK,the motor I threw together was just a "temporary" motor so I could take it out on the water for a test drive!(froze my ass off TOO!) it was an experimental attempt to get an "idea" as too HOW I will need to "build" the motor that will "stay" in the boat! I am building a NEW motor from "scratch" (have several BB Chevy's)When I spun the drive-shaft 1 revolution the propshaft spun 1.5 revolutions!

K3-River-Rat
    I've been running a 468 with a 671 supercharger in my jet which is hanging on the stand.I want to step up to a bigger blower,I would like to go with a 1471 Littlefield and Dart or Brodix aluminum heads with an Enderle bug catcher injection system (on fuel not alchohol)

K3-River-Rat
    To answer your other question there is not a trans in it right now, but I was seriously considering bolting in a polished Turbo 400 or possibly a glide.

theman
    THE 468 SOUNDS LIKE A NICE ENG FOR YOUR RIDE WHY DONT YOU JUST ADD IN INTERCOOLER TO THE 468 BOOST IT UP A LITTLE BIT IN GO.LOOKING AT YOUR BOAT WITH OUT MAKING A LOT OF CHANGES THE INJACTED 1471 ENG MIGHT BE A LITTLE MUCH,JUST MY OPINION,LOOKS LIKE A FUN BOAT

K3-River-Rat
    Here is the motor my buddy had in it before I bought it from him.He said it was TOO much motor for that V-drive! Not to mention he scared the shit out of his wife (and she's pretty fearless!) the first and LAST time she ever got in it when the boat shot straight up "airborn" OUT of the water!! [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/Sanger_motor.JPG[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast