Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 21ft Eliminator daytona setup

1BadEliminator
    I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share some secrets on what it takes to make a 1995 21ft Daytona tunnel run a 100mph. At the current time the boat runs in the low 90's at 6200rpm with an aggressor A. The boat has a blown 502 which dynoed at 850hp , 6200rpm.
    Current setup:Aggressor A, American turbine pump, tapered shoe, open loader, droop, skid plate 2.5 degrees, 40lbs intake pressure
    With this setup the boat feels light but the boat runs flat and feels like the rear is getting to high. When putting wedges in pump to raise nose of boat the the rear starts to bog. Any help given will be appreciated. Thanks Dennis

Rondane
    do you have any cavitation? Sounds like a snoot fix to me.
    www.hi-techperformance.com is the place.
    rondane

Taylorman
    rondane
    Good call Rogain. Your learning my man.

Taylorman
    I have no idea how to make you go fast but i'd love to see pics of that boat.

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
    Although I don't care for him,All the info you need,Tim, has. I sold my 94 21 daytona in Semptember,(yes it belonged to Tim) that boat ran 80 mph @4800rpm on a 468 na 750cfm motor. If you have lots of time to hear some bla,bla,bla,:sleeping:. Timinator here on the boards can help you with intake pressure and so on. Good luck and lets see some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    rondane
    WTF????
    Your an assclown.....

orange peel
    check your private messages at the top right of the screen this may help you a little

MAXIMUS
    I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share some secrets on what it takes to make a 1995 21ft Daytona tunnel run a 100mph. At the current time the boat runs in the low 90's at 6200rpm with an aggressor A. The boat has a blown 502 which dynoed at 850hp , 6200rpm.
    Current setup:Aggressor A, American turbine pump, tapered shoe, open loader, droop, skid plate 2.5 degrees, 40lbs intake pressure
    With this setup the boat feels light but the boat runs flat and feels like the rear is getting to high. When putting wedges in pump to raise nose of boat the the rear starts to bog. Any help given will be appreciated. Thanks Dennis
    Is your shoe tapperd back or forward??? You should be running a back cut shoe. Make your opening no more than 12.5 inches from the front mount of the loader to the center of the bitting edge of the shoe. You may need a bigger shoe. The back cut should be around 2.5 to 3 degrees to the keel of the boat. Once you have this done set the bitting edge of the shoe flush with the keel for a starting point. Then drop it down a little bit at time & see if this helps pick the ass of the boat up? Also your ride plate should be in the neighborhood of 2.5 degrees up & this is a starting point as well. Check the depth on your loader. I have experimented with mine & ended up dropping it down along with my shoe. At the current I am running somewhere around 5/8 down below the keel on my shoe & close to the same on my loader. With the bigger boats if you can get an extension built for your droop this will help big time. I built an extension for mine that mounts between the bowl & the droop snoot. I have a few extras laying around somewhere. This gives you more leverage to pick the bow up after you start lifting the ass more. Sort of a teeter toter effect. When you extend the nozzel back it takes less angle to carry the bow & focuses the thrust in a forward direction.
    This is just my thought...

1968Droptop
    I sold my 94 21 daytona in Semptember
    You should see it now :sqeyes: , it's in a million piece's in the shop ! Well not quite a million...LOL. Got the entire interior out installing full sound system, and taking care of the marginal cables. All new AutoMeter Pro-Comp white face gauges and lot's more. Look for a post from me when it's all done (couple of months from now). I'll make sure some current pix are in it.

bigblockbill
    With 6200 rpm and 40lbs of intake pressure what about going to closed intake hardware and trying to load the pump a little better???
    By the way I was just surfing Ebay and found my old 21 daytona for sale less motor. It ran low 80s with an 11:1 468 (Guessing at 600 hp) motor at 5500 rpm with an aggressor AA. I sold it last summer and heard the motor let loose a couple of months ago. Not sure about your layup but mine was a very very heavy lake layup which did not help either.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast