Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy Ramos

Wildchild80
    The boat racing world has lost a leader, mentor, competitor, inovator but most of all just an all around "good guy" . We lost Rudy Ramos today, I will try and post some of the accomplishments of this remarkable man. There probably isn't a V Drive boat today that does not have some sort of input from this man in it. I will miss you greatly
    GODSPEED MY DEAR FREIND

obnoxious001
    Sorry to hear that, he was getting around pretty good at Long Beach a couple of weeks ago. I am glad I had a chance to know him a bit in recent years, since I had been able to watch him race when I was still pretty young.

superdave013
    wow, sorry to hear that. He was an all around good guy. Always seemed to have a smile for everyone.

GofastRacer
    OMG what a shame, a true legend indeed just talked to him at LB!.. Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved!..

Sleek-Jet
    Never had the pleasure of meeting him... but always have been fascinated by his creations... God speed...

dmontzsta
    No way, that is definately a loss. When I saw his name as the title of a thread, I thought "NO" then had to open it to find this. I never had the opportunity to get to know him, but you have to respect what he did for this sport. I always heard how he was willing to help with any input people had regarding their old RaysonCrafts. R.I.P.

BILLY.B
    You know Dave I meant to call you today after John Avery told me that he was ill. I called Paul Fitzgerald to let him know but Rudy's daughter had talked to him yesterday and had filled him in on everything. What a shame. Great guy who always took the time to BS with me and always willing to help anyone out. Major loss for a sport that can't afford to lose any. Prayers go out to his family and to you Dave as I know you two were very close.

Moneypitt
    The boating world has lost another true Icon. He will be missed by those that knew him, and those that would have in the future. It was always a pleasure to talk to him. He was a very happy man after the GN9 won at Long Beach and was looking forward to the next race. Thanks to Dave Rankin for making his last race such a tremendous, exciting, come from behind victory. Condolences to the family and friends. Ray

gottaminute?
    Sad news indeed. The Hoban family and the rest of the GN30 crew extends our condolences.
    pat

Prop Rod
    i had the oppertunity to sit in the truck with him while i was launching Ted's GN race boat, what a great guy!! I only got to spend about twenty mins talking with him but i will remeber that forever. Godspeed, and my prayers are with the family.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast