Was wondering if anybody ever had problem with their engine running cold.... temperture wise. Here's the scoop. I run a 477 BBC,single carb in a Spectra day Cruiser. I blew the engine 2 summers ago. Had it rebuilt with new cam,new roller valve train, heads, pistons. I run CMI water jacketed headers as well. Since then the highest temp it has hit was just over 100. Most of the time it barely registered. I put a restrictor in the water neck to keep the water in the engine a little longer hoping it make some heat but nothing. I do run a engine and tranny cooler also, but before the blow up, it ran around 150-160 with both coolers. I did check the mechanical temp gauge by boiling some water and sticking the sending unit in it, and it definelty registered. I have only took the boat out 4 or 5 times since the blow up. The heads do warm up, but not enough that I have to pull my hand away from them.
I guess my other question is should I be concerned with way how cold the engine runs. If so, what can I do to get some temp.
Thanks Guys:idea: