Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP ! Any Electricians in Whittier ??

THATJEFFGUY
    Anyone know of a good electrician in or near Whittier ? I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, all I know is that half the house is without power. It's an older house, and it seemed to me it needed a new meter a few years ago. Nevertheless, I need someone to look at it ASAP. PM me if you can help !

Mrs.Racer277
    Or try Whos your river daddy. Shane

waterboy
    call edison you have what they call a dead leg they will check it for you if it is before the meter,they will fix it free, even if it after the meter they will tell you for free, plese call we love the overtime.

76ANTHONY
    call edison you have what they call a dead leg they will check it for you if it is before the meter,they will fix it free, even if it after the meter they will tell you for free, plese call we love the overtime.
    hahaha please call we love the overtime, gee who do you work for... can you check and see if i have stock in edison for me :crossx:

waterboy
    im always here for ya

Ultrafied
    Edison will check the line side of your panel. If the TM is not busy, he may check farther but only where your service landed. Yes, he will tell you if you have a dead leg, but rarely will he check any farther in your panel (i.e. main breaker or bus after where your service is landed. Just get an electrician to check out the panel, odds are better getting your service up faster.

THATJEFFGUY
    SCE came out yesterday and said the problem was before the meter. So now I guess it's my problem. Anybody wanna go check it out ?

JetBoatRich
    SCE came out yesterday and said the problem was before the meter. So now I guess it's my problem. Anybody wanna go check it out ?
    wouldn't before the meter be a SCE problem :yuk:

MagicMtnDan
    wouldn't before the meter be a SCE problem :yuk:
    I agree

Ultrafied
    ...before the meter may be ambiguous. What he meant was "before the meter" on the load side (i.e. customer side). The only thing Edison is responsible for is the meter and service conductor. If the panel has a problem, they may point you in the right direction, but it would still be the customers responsibility to correct it. Usually, the TM's are pretty good about fixing anything small at the customer's house if the problem is Edison's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast