Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know the Story on Down Town Long Beach?

shockwaveharry
    Like on Ocean near the Convention Center? I see lots of improvments going on but are there big plans for the future? How's the night life? Looks like lots of restaurants, I've seen a few bars. If it's not upscale now, do you think it ever will be? It looks like there is money in the area, especially being so close to the harbor. My experience there is limited to the Grand Prix and a few trips to the Queen Mary.

Trailer Park Casanova
    What you see is classic smoke and mirrors.
    If the developers get too high profile with what their plans are, the old timers who have some juice in City politics show up and stand in the way of it.
    Doesn't matter what you want to build, they're against it.
    If the old geezers get their way or not, they will cost you plenty in dealing with their interferance.
    They stand in the way of development because they feel like it, and have nothing but time to do so.

andy01
    They have tried to make it like the old "Pike" it is okay until later at then it is just Long Beach again. Not bad ealier in the night though. The yardhouse and such goes off pretty late. You down this way now Harry?

shockwaveharry
    They have tried to make it like the old "Pike" it is okay until later at then it is just Long Beach again. Not bad ealier in the night though. The yardhouse and such goes off pretty late. You down this way now Harry?
    I was in the neighborhood and noticed how nice it looked. Had the classy "big city" feel to a point and it's a hell of a lot shorter drive to Newport than I have right now. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect in the future. If the city is planning major renovations that is always a good thing.

djunkie
    Lots of good restauraunts but don't go walking around there too late in the evening. Especially around Gameworks. My g/f and I go to eat at the Pike a lot. PF Changs, Yardhouse, Outback, Cal Pizza Kitchen, Islands, Bubba Gump (which sucks by the way, but the g/f likes it)

andy01
    I was in the neighborhood and noticed how nice it looked. Had the classy "big city" feel to a point and it's a hell of a lot shorter drive to Newport than I have right now. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect in the future. If the city is planning major renovations that is always a good thing.
    It's been on a clean up for about 5 years now, but it is just really starting to show in the last couple. Not to bad a place. You could look into Belmont Shore/2nd street area. That is nice and in between there and your work.

GrapeApe
    My Buddy owns a Nightclub there V20. One of his Security Guards has been stabbed, and they have been shot at when closing, trying to clear out the Parking Lots..
    *** Grape Ape ***

bchbum
    Long Beach is trying to become big time . They arejust finisning a $ 34 millon redo of the marina downtown . There are restants everywhere ,But no parking (metered only ) .Condos are allover ,starting at about $ 400,000 to over $ 1.5 mil. Five minutes away is the low low income area . There,s alot of really good places to go , just need to keep your eyes open .
    I have worked for L.B. for over 24 years , so I have seen alot of changes most good a few bad .

HavasuSelect
    You gotta remember Downtown Long Beach is just a 5 min trip from San Pedro (No offense Djunkie ). Try Belmont Shores, it's a little further South. I'll take the nightlife there over "The OC" any day of the week.

djunkie
    You gotta remember Downtown Long Beach is just a 5 min trip from San Pedro (No offense Djunkie ). Try Belmont Shores, it's a little further South. I'll take the nightlife there over "The OC" any day of the week.
    Luckily I live in RPV.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast