Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Marine...this is a new low

Totally IncapASSitated
    This is always a shitty situation, but this is free enterprise....hell just about every good idea was/is stolen from, or "splashed", something/one else in this market and every other market that exists
    Hopefully they not only have a great patent attorney, but plenty of $$$ for a lengthy court battle.
    This is where a board like this is truly beneficial (well of course other then all of the drama that help gets me thru the work day )...pass on the word to those that you know in the market for one of these which one to buy!!!!

Dave C
    ummmm no still don't see any resemblence
    If someone can't see that these two are EXACTLY the same then they may want to get their eyes examined.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...blingcover.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...rine_2-med.bmp

DCBDaytona
    This is always a shitty situation, but this is free enterprise....hell just about every good idea was/is stolen from, or "splashed", something/one else in this market and every other market that exists
    Hopefully they not only have a great patent attorney, but plenty of $$$ for a lengthy court battle.
    This is where a board like this is truly beneficial (well of course other then all of the drama that help gets me thru the work day )...pass on the word to those that you know in the market for one of these which one to buy!!!!
    This is the problem. Even if BB has a patent pending, etc, they don't have the financial backing of Eddie Marine. EM will just hold it up in court until BB backs off from the bills. Many small companies go under from this on a daily basis.

OGShocker
    DRAMA? I'll give you DRAMA!!! The is NOT intended be a threat, real or imagined.

Cole Trickle
    How about a big FOCK THEM to Eliminator and Shockwave for buying this sh*t from Eddie? Patrick has been out pimping his Boat Bling product to them for over a year. They knew he had the product and still chose to go to a "knock off" guy like Eddie(I never had an original thought in my fu{king life) Marine.
    Why don't some of the owners of these boats go to bat for some of our brothers of the HBF? Call Eliminator and Shockwave, let'em know how you feel.

Great post and my thought exactly!!!
    I was dissapointed to see Eliminator but saddened to see Shockwave since Barry visits the boards so often and would know the product that Patrick is selling.

OGShocker
    Do you honestly think that the manu's will care? They're getting the same product from Eddie cheaper.
    Actually, Yes I Do. When someone spends a dollar with our company, we care what they think. When I spend a dollar with someone they better care what I think, if they want me back.

mbrown2
    Do you honestly think that the manu's will care? They're getting the same product from Eddie cheaper.
    I doubt they will care....supply and demand; cheaper product wins in this case. Its unfortunate.

Magic34
    That is why I entered the speaker cover market and and made an exit just as quickly.

slink
    How about a big FOCK THEM to Eliminator and Shockwave for buying this sh*t from Eddie? Patrick has been out pimping his Boat Bling product to them for over a year. They knew he had the product and still chose to go to a "knock off" guy like Eddie(I never had an original thought in my fu{king life) Marine.
    Why don't some of the owners of these boats go to bat for some of our brothers of the HBF? Call Eliminator and Shockwave, let'em know how you feel.

Never know.....Not trying to defend anyone, but did EM have SW's or Eliminators permission to use their name ? I don't know. I do know the BB has SW permission, because I was there the day Patrick negotiated it with BD and Bob. In fact, I ordered mine that same day and have the first SW one (other than the demo). I totally back BB on this. BTW, I just called EM and they said they could engrave "most all" builders on their covers ($350). Again, don't know if it's w/ permission or not. Just my 02.

DCBDaytona
    I doubt they will care....supply and demand; cheaper product wins in this case. Its unfortunate.
    My point exactly. It's a sad situation...But look at it this way...Do you think Leach or Hemmingson care? If you opt to not buy their boats, they'll simply open that spot for someone else.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast