Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Marine...this is a new low

Havasu_Dreamin
    But look at it this way...Do you think Leach or Hemmingson care?
    DCB sells 496's?

slink
    DCB sells 496's?
    Only if you don't drink the Koolaide

BadKachina
    I had never even heard of Boat Bling. I know a buddy of mine bought one from Custom Cowlings (http://www.customcowlings.com/index.html) about a year ago. They have about ten designs and some are similar to the pictures that are posted. Do you have a patent on that particular item?
    How many companies make battery boxes for Optima batterries?
    Anodized cup holders?
    Anodized bezels?
    Sea strainers?
    Cleats?
    Billet controls?
    Seat bases? I could go on all day.
    Yes it sucks that you had an idea and it was copied but it's just metal and paint. People will buy your product if you design is better, your customer service is better or your price is better. Your product looks nice in the picture, I hope you do well.

WaTchTheGelCoat
    If someone can't see that these two are EXACTLY the same then they may want to get their eyes examined.
    I dont think they look excatly the same. The quality of work looks 100% better on the BB cover!

DCBDaytona
    I had never even heard of Boat Bling. I know a buddy of mine bought one from Custom Cowlings (http://www.customcowlings.com/index.html) about a year ago. They have about ten designs and some are similar to the pictures that are posted. Do you have a patent on that particular item?
    Anodized cup holders?
    Anodized bezels?
    Sea strainers?
    Cleats?
    Billet controls?
    Yes it sucks that you had an idea and it was copied but it's just metal and paint. People will buy your product if you design is better, your customer service is better or your price is better. Your product looks nice in the picture, I hope you do well.
    That's the Co. I was talking about...F&M have been making these covers for quite a while. Not sure if F&M or BB came first, but there are others out there besides BB

BadKachina
    That is why I entered the speaker cover market and and made an exit just as quickly.
    Did you make those cover for Gross's Magic? If you did those are some nice pieces.

Outnumbered
    Anodized cup holders?
    Anodized bezels?
    Sea strainers?
    Cleats?
    Billet controls?
    The only problem with your argument is that the design is exactly the same, right down to the flames. They are an exact match. Are you guys sure that Roln20s didn't sell his design to Eddie? It seems to be an EXACT match. I am no fan of Eddie (don't get me started) but that is just too similar not to be an exact copy.

Jordy
    Anodized cup holders?
    Anodized bezels?
    Sea strainers?
    Cleats?
    Billet controls?
    You have a Kachina and dance to the YMCA. What do you know???
    Too bad you guys don't work on outboards...

Havasu_Dreamin
    Are you guys sure that Roln20s didn't sell his design to Eddie?
    100% sure they did not sell the design.
    As far as the F&M covers, they are not even similar in terms of the overall design/appearance. If you put F&M cover next to a Boat Bling you can tell the difference, easily. The same can not be said for Boat Bling and the Eddie Marine knockoff.

Moneypitt
    The designs were probably programed off the same CNC software........MP

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast