Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Marine...this is a new low

Wally_Gator
    This is purely conjecture...
    But I have witnessed it before...
    Company A has an excellent product and pitches it to a retailer (or boat manufacturer).
    Retailer then contacts their favorite Bompany B who can fabricate.
    They say, how much can you make Company A's product for and "Give us a good Deal".
    Company B ends up making the product and underbidding Company A at the retailers suggestion and request.
    I have witnessed this two or three times at one retailer I worked for (Not boat related). They ripped off small manufacturer's designs. These small companies went under because of this. Not to mention they did not have IP protection.
    Here, Could Shockwave and Eliminator have done this? Maybe... If they are smart, they had nothing to do with it.
    EM should be held to the fire for knocking off BB's product.
    Maybe Froggy's IP attorney might want to know some of the small manufacturers here on HB?

haulina29
    I find this very interesting , in the hot rod market they have been offering theses covers for years before I saw them on Hot Boat also how do you patent something that GM designs in plastic long before somebody made them out of aluminum? Boyd , Troy and Chip have been making theses for ten years or more out of aluminum. Its kind of lame that Eddie didnt buy them from them and market them but its not like they invented the wheel here.

superdave013
    just a question here. And don't shoot me for it as it's just a question.
    What if the shoe was on the other foot. Would that be ok? I know for a fact that some of the billet rock stars around here knocked off others designs and a crap load of you are running them in your boats.
    But that's prolly ok because they have a high post count. lmao
    haulina29, I too have seen covers on hot rods for a long time. But I've yet to see one that is JUST LIKE the Boat Bling guys. I mean if you are gonna do it at least switch it up a bit.
    Kinda like Braksma knocking off the Kuhl river rat pump. He could have put the ports in a different location and made it look like a totaly different pump.

Dave C
    good job!!....
    This ought to be interesting..... wouldn't you like to be the fly on the wall of that conversation.
    Thanks for all the responses and support.
    1) We do have US PATENTS (not pending...actually have).

redi4fun
    Should be a slam dunk if boatbling has their legal business in order. :crossx:
    Will be interesting to see what the outcome is?

riverroyal
    boaters,whos cover is cheaper and who has them in stock?Thats the one they will buy

NOTALENT
    wow...that sucks...I guess a patent didnt do shit....Ban Eddie Marine from future Purchases to support the HB Bro's.!!!

topless
    Well kiss my grits Phebus! Did you people just wake up? Where the hell did you think Eddie came from anyway? Anyone got a clue who it was that taught him everything he knows (except he flunked integrity 101) ? Wonder why most of his designs look ALOT like the same ones you'd see IF "someone else" had a "catalog"!
    NEXT !
    Are we getting a clue yet? Oh yeah, CORONA, WAKE UP ! Would the rat bastard that appropriated some designs and the rolodex from San Dimas kindly return said items before we name you too?
    I'll be damned if I shop at Walmart because they peddle "knock-offs" and the originator gets the shaft and I'll be damned if I'll use copy kat products for the same reason. Some one has worked long and hard while investing their time, effort and MONEY. What's right is right and snatching some one elses idea is theft which in my book is lack of integrity. You might think that it's NOT hurting anyone and you're saving a few bucks BUT while the larger business can take a hit and survive -the smaller business that's just getting established and doesn't have that many product lines can't.
    Think I'll go and find somebody that'll build me a STRIDENT deck boat for 1/3 off. Froggy will never miss just 1 lil ole boat sale! Ya think?
    RioYes, I know where Eddie came from and who gave him his start. The person who did is much bigger and has ethics. It shows in his customer service and satisfied customers. Just remember what goes around comes around.

dr. margarita
    wow...that sucks...I guess a patent didnt do shit....Ban Eddie Marine from future Purchases to support the HB Bro's.!!!
    You ROCK bro!!! That's what all this means!! We support each other and HB's support for our product and the individulas that created it has been nothing short of phenomenal. Same for the all the custom boat manufacturers!
    On the patent issue Haulina29: There are two basic kinds of patents, design and utiltiy. There is no way to get a utiltiy patent on an engine cover for obvious reasons. But on a distinctive looking part or accessory you can get some protection with a design patent which is what we have...not pending, HAVE IN OUR POSSESSION! We all see the resemblance, it's obvious, however, it will be left to a judge and jury to finally determine. Will we get that far? Is there a win, win scenario that can achieved? We'll see. Simply put, a patent is only as good as your ability to defend it.
    Thank you again for your support and comments! See ya on the lake.

badtaste
    Get real............Cowlings are for the poor! ................That can't afford real parts ..............a coverup if you will! Shit or get off the pot! Don't try and fool me with your engine covers.............You have it or you dont! ......But on the other hand don't steal product that doesen't belong to you!
    Hava-niceday............HavaSquid.
    P.S. Build engines not covers to hide what you don't have!!! :rollside:
    I wouldn't say "cowlings are for the poor"... as a $3000-$4000 engine upgrade, the 496 HO is hardly "cheap". Just a great choice for someone wanting extreme reliability. my .02

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast